Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Array in Ksh
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Array in Ksh Post 302671045 by jeanzibbin on Friday 13th of July 2012 02:38:37 AM
Old 07-13-2012
Thank you bakunin...
I think, I didnt ask correctly what i want...

My question about something like two dimensional array.

my code:
set -A A1 1 7 13 19
set -A A2 2 8 14 20
set -A A3 3 9 15 21

what i wanted is, whether i can access the arrays

A[$i][$j]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tokenising into array (KSH)

Greetings all, I've been getting a little frustrated over my scripts as I'm not too experienced with powerful commands such as awk and sed. Hope to find some guidance here. I need to extract the names of all directories within a specified directory, grab their names and then place each name... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[KSH] Split string into array

Hi, Is there any way to convert a string into an array in KSH? In other words I want to split the string like this: STRING="one two three four" into an array of 4 values splitting on white space. The array should be similar to the one that would be created with the following command: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using array in ksh

hi all, need help with putting names in an array, i have a few servers which i look up by doing a 'find . -name "*.pid' and the format of the output is like following : ./servername/myserver.pid i was wondering how can i iterate through and store each name in one array my code is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh array solution.

I was wondering if ksh supported arrays. I have a script that may work with several hosts. I'd like a means of knowing how many hosts I'm working with and an easy way to access them (as variables) in a loop. I'm assuming there's some kind of foreach in shell scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array copy in ksh

Hi all, Following code in ksh is giving error: fileLimit=5 func(){ dir="$1" format="$2" array="$3" i=0 ls -lrt $format | tail -${fileLimit} | while read f_det; do files="${f_det}," ((i+=1)) done eval $(echo set -A $array '"${files}"') } func "." "*.pl" "a" echo... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PRKS
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with KSH Array assignment

The following command is only intermittently successful, depends on the data I give it: set -A ImageShifts_sorted `awk '/START_SECTION IMAGE_DEFINITION/ {getline;getline;getline;getline; print $2"-"$3}' temp.ASCII | sort -u` My Error: set: -1: unknown option Finally, If I run that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdcurious
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in ksh with if-else

Hi All, My Requirement is as follows: 1. User will input Source Sytem Code as input. 2. I have source system codes as 11, 34, 56, 99, 45 etc. OS Version: SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-62 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890 My code is like... echo 'Source System Code: \c' read varSSCode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh insert element in array

Hi all, I need help with the following scenario in ksh. If the number of elements contained by arrayA is 11 I need to insert a zero as the element arrayA then print all arrayA elements separated by comma. Appreciate your help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] KSH: Array/If Help

RedHat 5 KSH I am creating an array, and then using case to go through and count for specific words. Then the count gets stored as an expression. string='ftp rcp rsh telnet ftp ftp' set -A myarray $string FTPCOUNT="0" for command in ${myarray} do case $command in ftp) FTPCOUNT=`expr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning * as value in a ksh array

I want to extract each and single character from a password string and put it in an array. I tried this : set -A password "echo $passwd | awk '{for (i=1; i<=length($1); i++) printf "%s ",substr($1,i,1)}'` It's working as long that the password string doesn't contains any * I tried a few... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
5 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.11 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)