Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Could someone help with setting loops? Post 302669251 by vpundit on Tuesday 10th of July 2012 05:38:32 PM
Old 07-10-2012
thanks! solved one problem lol. I'm trying to fix the rest of it but this works great thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

no more loops

Hello Guys I need some help with my script I'm not very good at this, hope you can point me in the right direction. My idea, to write a file with some router commands and use it on a script for me to run on a demand basis, ( or added to the cron, if I get it to work). The below script works,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony3101
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

two loops

Hi, how can I use "for" to have two loops : this is my script : for i in (A B C) do for j in (a b c) do echo $i$j done done #End I want to print out Aa Ab Ac .... But I have error message : syntax error at line 1 : `(' unexpected Many thanks before. How should I use "for" ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loops

Hi I've a file like so: Now, I want to read my file and take ex. the Media ID and the Type for each groups of Media (Media1,Media2,...,Media(n): cat /tmp/file|\ while read FILE do while $(FILE|cut -d: -f1)=Media$i do #here will be some test, ex: #if Media ID < 23 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nymus7
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with the 2 for loops

#!/bin/bash IFS=$'\n' A= a c b t g j i e d B= t y u i o p counter=0 found="" for i in $(cat $A) do for j in $(cat $B) do if then found="yes" fi done if then (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vadharah
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For Loops

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding for loops. I am writing a BASH shell script that will contain multiple loops. These loops all involve looping with a count: for (( a=0; a <=10; a++ )); do echo $a done If none of my multiple loops relate to each other throughout the script,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with for loops

Hi, I am starting to enhance my scripting knowledge and need some assistance with simple 1 line for loops. This may help to do a mass permissions change on a big apache doc root while I have an insane customer on my phone. What is the best resource to learn this skill and what are some that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oshie74
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with loops

I am trying to do ftp of some crt files that have spaces in the file names. I have to do approximately 4500 files ftp'ed and then check whether the trasnfered file size matches the source files. This has to be in a loop I mean 1. ftp the file, check for file size whether the source and target... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loops

Hi All, I am very new to Shell scripting. I read basic scripting manual. But i didn't understand the code. Please tell the meaning of the below code: while getopts "F:f:R:r:C:c:" opt 2>/dev/null do case ${opt} in F|f) FREQUENCY_MODE=$OPTARG;; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdathu
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Is there a difference between setting a user as nologin and setting it as a role?

Trying to figure out the best method of security for oracle user accounts. In Solaris 10 they are set as regular users but have nologin set forcing the dev's to login as themselves and then su to the oracle users. In Solaris11 we have the option of making it a role because RBAC is enabled but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with for loops

Why wont my for statements work? Im trying to get this script to swich to a user an if you put in a start/stop/or restart paramater to do just that for each user. I commented out the actual start/stop actions to test it just by using echos and not do anything hasty in the environment but it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LilyClaro
0 Replies
sa1(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    sa1(8)

NAME
sa1 -- Generate a system activity daily data file. SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sa/sa1 [t n] DESCRIPTION
The sa1 command is a shell script used to invoke the system activity data collector, sadc. The binary sample data is collected at intervals t seconds apart, in a loop n times. The binary sample data is written to the standard daily data file, /var/log/sa/sadd where the dd repre- sents the current day of the month. sa1 is intended to be started by cron. EXAMPLE CRON ENTRY
# Starting at 8am collect system activity records # every 20 minutes for 12 hours # 20 minutes = 1200 seconds # 12 hours with 3 samples each hour = 36 loops 0 8 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1200 36 # After the 12 hour period, # collect a system activity report 30 20 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -A FILES
/var/log/sa/sadd Default daily activity file that holds the binary sampling data. dd are digits that represent the day of the month. SEE ALSO
sa2(8), sadc(8), sar(1), iostat(8), vm_stat(1), netstat(1), top(1), sc_usage(1), fs_usage(1), crontab(1), crontab(5) Mac OS X Jul 25 2003 Mac OS X