Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Store the output values in array Post 302666205 by jayan_jay on Wednesday 4th of July 2012 01:54:40 AM
Old 07-04-2012
Why not while loop .. Expecting this ..??
Code:
while IFS=, read v1 v2 v3 v4
do
        echo "USAGE $0 $v1 $v2 $v3 $v4"
done < infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how do I store the values in array using shell

Hi, Is is possible to get the value using shell script? x=1 y1 = 10 y2 = 15 y3 = 7 echo $y$x is giving y1 (variable name) but I need the value of y1 (i.e. 10 dynamically) Is there any solution? if so, please mail me at kkodava@maxis.com.my ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to store the values in a file into an array

Hi, I do have a file and the contents are as follws: 10 20 30 40 50 Now I want to store those values into an array. How can be done this ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trouble using read to store values in variables from command output

I know there are caveats about using read in pipelines because read is treated by a subshell. I know this but I can't think of any way to accomplish this regardless, I'm still a rookie. I hope somebody will be able to interpret what it is that I'm trying to accomplish and correct me. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store values in an Array

Hi all. Well, I have the next code: I need to make an array with the values I have in the bucle, but just don't get it... Question is, how can I store in an array that values, and how can I display them with echo? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: crcbad
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store all the passed arguments in an array and display the array

Hi I want to write a script which store all the parameters passed to the script into an array. Once it is stored I want scan through the array and and delete those files for last month present inside the directory. The files in directory is appneded with YYYY_MM_DD. I want to know how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store output of command to an array

Hello Guys, I am trying to store output of command to an array and then want to print, but it showing an error that "bad substitution". I am not getting why it's happening. Can anyone help me? #!/usr/bin/sh hr=0 min=0 i=1 last $1 | grep -w `date "+%b"` | grep -v '\(0:.*\)' | grep -vw sshd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasparov
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store values from a file into an array variable in Shell

Dear All, I have been trying to do a simple task of extracting 2 fields from the file (3 rows) and store it in an array variable. I tried with: #! /bin/bash ch=`cut -f10 tmp.txt` counter=0 for p in $pid do c=${ch} echo "$c ..$counter" counter=$((counter+1))... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezhil01
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read values and store in array?

I am reading a value from a file and want to store the value in a dynamic array as i don't know the number of occurrences of the value in that file. How can i do that and then later fetch that value from array (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prachi Gupta
25 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh : need to store the output of a awk command to a array

I have awk command : awk -F ' ' '{ print $NF }' log filename And it gives the output as below: 06:00:00 parameters: SDS (2) no no no no doc=4000000000). information: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramprabhum
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies
ARRAY_FLIP(3)								 1							     ARRAY_FLIP(3)

array_flip - Exchanges all keys with their associated values in an array

SYNOPSIS
array array_flip (array $array) DESCRIPTION
array_flip(3) returns an array in flip order, i.e. keys from $array become values and values from $array become keys. Note that the values of $array need to be valid keys, i.e. they need to be either integer or string. A warning will be emitted if a value has the wrong type, and the key/value pair in question will not be included in the result. If a value has several occurrences, the latest key will be used as its value, and all others will be lost. PARAMETERS
o $array - An array of key/value pairs to be flipped. RETURN VALUES
Returns the flipped array on success and NULL on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_flip(3) example <?php $input = array("oranges", "apples", "pears"); $flipped = array_flip($input); print_r($flipped); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [oranges] => 0 [apples] => 1 [pears] => 2 ) Example #2 array_flip(3) example : collision <?php $input = array("a" => 1, "b" => 1, "c" => 2); $flipped = array_flip($input); print_r($flipped); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [1] => b [2] => c ) SEE ALSO
array_values(3), array_keys(3), array_reverse(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_FLIP(3)