Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search inside a file, PERL
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search inside a file, PERL Post 302663645 by super_sun on Thursday 28th of June 2012 10:25:42 AM
Old 06-28-2012
I know, but this is a requirement in my work. They creates all scripts in Perl. Thank you !!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it? using grep command.. Bit urgent.. pls..help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senraj01
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and Parse string from inside a File

Hello, I barely know the basics, but I am very determined to learn. I want to parse a few characters from each row, use that string to search another file and display the line number where I found the value in the file. I don't know if this can all be done on the command line, so I am creating a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSims
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

doing grep inside perl file

Hi have one Perl file inside that i am defining at an array file. @temp_vmdk_files = `grep vmdk '$guest_vmx'` where my $guest_vmx=/vmfs/volumes/47e40fec-9c8bb7f7-d076-001422159f8a/BES Exchange/BES-Exchange.vmx and i am just want to do grep of "vmdk" files from the above path but when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bp_vardhaman
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search inside a Jar file..

Hey Guys, I need to search inside all the jar files of my directory for a specific string. Can anyone guide me as to how i can do it. I need this urgently please. More specifically i need to search for a class file name in the jar files. Thanks in advance :-) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikumar_cs
4 Replies

5. Programming

PERL, search and replace inside foreach loop

Hello All, Im a Hardware engineer, I have written this script to automate my job. I got stuck in the following location. CODE: .. .. ... foreach $key(keys %arr_hash) { my ($loc,$ind,$add) = split /,/, $arr_hash{$key}; &create_verilog($key, $loc, $ind ,$add); } sub create_verilog{... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: riyasnr007
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening File names with spaces inside it !- PERL

I developed a perl code..And the excerpt from it is given below... open(HANDLE,$cmp_path) ; #reading the xml file from the file path while($file_path = <HANDLE>) I have list of XML files to read from a folder. It has some spaces inside the name of the file...I used "\"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File search in perl

Hi Gurus, Lately I have started to learn perl and need your kind support on the below query I want to search a file with name like ff_GRD_abcd_251.dat Now I will take input from user only the number i.e. 251 and the script will show o/p as the file name In the directory there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source.cshrc file inside Perl

I have a file which is basically .cshrc It contains lines such as: setenv <variable> <value>... set path=(<dir> <dir>) source <another_file>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string inside a pattern matched block of a file

How to grep for searching a string within a begin and end pattern of a file. Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Baishali
8 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)