Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK to match and merge data from 2 files into 1. Post 302661763 by radoulov on Monday 25th of June 2012 05:27:23 PM
Old 06-25-2012
Code:
awk -F@ 'NR == FNR {
  $1 = $1
  f2[$1] = $0
  next
  }
!d[$0]++ {
  print $1, $2, f2[$3]
  }' file2 file1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge 70 files into one data matrix

Hi, I have a list of 70 files in a directory and I need to merge the content of each file into one big matrix file (71 columns x 3060 rows). Each file has the following format only two columns per file: unique identifier1 randomtext1 randomtext1 a 5 b 3 c 6 d 3 e 2... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: labrazil
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files of differrent size with one field common in both files using awk

hi, i am facing a problem in merging two files using awk, the problem is as stated below, file1: A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|1 M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|2 AA|BB|CC|DD|EE|FF|GG|HH|II|1 .... .... .... file2 : 1|Mn|op|qr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi1982
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two file data together based on specific pattern match

My input: File_1: 2000_t g1110.b1 abb.1 2001_t g1111.b1 abb.2 abb.2 g1112.b1 abb.3 2002_t . . File_2: 2000_t Ali england 135 abb.1 Zoe british 150 2001_t Ali england 305 g1111.b1 Lucy russia 126 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help: Match data fields from 2 files & output results from both into 1 file

I need to take 2 input files and create 1 output based on matches from each file. I am looking to match field #1 in both files (Userid) and create an output file that will be a combination of fields from both file1 and file2 if there are any differences in the fields 2,3,4,5,or 6. Below is an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambroze
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk match and merge with 2 files

Dear Awk experts! I have been trying to get a one liner for a match and merge operation, but having difficulties as I'm an awk newb. I always get stuck on the match and merge with 2 files. I have 2 files as follows: File 1: field 1,field 2,field 3,field 4,field 5,field 6,field 7,field... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge the multiple data files as a single file?

Hi Experts, I have created multiple scripts and send the output to new file, getting this output to my mailbox on daily basis. I would like to send the all outputs to a single file, need to merge all file outputs on a single file. For example, Created script for df -h > df.doc grep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files and copy some data using sed or awk

Copy data from other file to paste cat file1: Name: server1.data.com data1 server1 running Name: server3.data.com data3 server3 running cat file2: server1 good server2 bad network not ok server3 good Output: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge and Sort tabular data from different text files

I have 42 text files; each containing up to 34 lines with following structure; file1 H-01 23 H-03 5 H-05 9 H-02 14 . . file2 H-01 17 H-02 43 H-04 7 H-05 8 H-03 7 . . file3 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syeda Sumayya
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match field between two files and use conditions on match

I am trying to look for $2 of file1 (skipping the header) in $2 of file2 (skipping the header) and if they match and the value in $10 is > 30 and $11 is > 49, then print the line from file1 to a output file. If no match is foung the line is not printed. Both the input and output are tab-delimited.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data match 2 files based on first 2 columns matching only and join if match

Hi, i have 2 files , the data i need to match is in masterfile and i need to pull out column 3 from master if column 1 and 2 match and output entire row to new file I have tried with join and awk and i keep getting blank outputs or same file is there an easier way than what i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axis88
4 Replies
comm(1) 							   User Commands							   comm(1)

NAME
comm - select or reject lines common to two files SYNOPSIS
comm [-123] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
The comm utility reads file1 and file2, which must be ordered in the current collating sequence, and produces three text columns as output: lines only in file1; lines only in file2; and lines in both files. If the input files were ordered according to the collating sequence of the current locale, the lines written will be in the collating sequence of the original lines. If not, the results are unspecified. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -1 Suppresses the output column of lines unique to file1. -2 Suppresses the output column of lines unique to file2. -3 Suppresses the output column of lines duplicated in file1 and file2. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file1 A path name of the first file to be compared. If file1 is -, the standard input is used. file2 A path name of the second file to be compared. If file2 is -, the standard input is used. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of comm when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Printing a list of utilities specified by files If file1, file2, and file3 each contain a sorted list of utilities, the command example% comm -23 file1 file2 | comm -23 - file3 prints a list of utilities in file1 not specified by either of the other files. The entry: example% comm -12 file1 file2 | comm -12 - file3 prints a list of utilities specified by all three files. And the entry: example% comm -12 file2 file3 | comm -23 -file1 prints a list of utilities specified by both file2 and file3, but not specified in file1. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of comm: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 All input files were successfully output as specified. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), sort(1), uniq(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 3 Mar 2004 comm(1)