Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get values from xml tags? Post 302658971 by Sheel on Wednesday 20th of June 2012 08:47:36 AM
Old 06-20-2012
how to get last status-id from these records?

Looking for all lines that end with tag </L> & Considering the output to be always present in 3rd last line :

Code:
grep -n "\/L>" xmlfile | tail -3 | head -1 | awk '{print $3}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Replace xml values

Hallo all, I try to create a bash script but till now without any positiv results. The script should replace different variables in a text file with the right xml values Look at the following xml file: file.xml =================================== <?xml version="1.0"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: research3
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Values from XML

Hi all, Can anyone help me out in parsing values from the xml in shell script below.. <DropDB> <DBName>RMDatabase</DBName> <UName>root</UName> <PWord>test</PWord> </DropDB> I need the values RMDatabase , root and test alone ... :wall: Thanks in advance :) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two xml files while ignoring some xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record id="38,557"><columns><column><name>orge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing delta values of one xml file in other xml file

Hi All, I have two xml files. One is having below input <NameValuePair> <name>Daemon</name> <value>tcp:7474</value> </NameValuePair> <NameValuePair> <name>Network</name> <value></value> </NameValuePair> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML For Values

Hi All, I want to parse XML to extract values of the tags to do further processing. The XML looks like <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <allinput> <input A="2389906" B="install"> <C>111</C> <D>222</D> <E>333</E> <F></F> <G>444</G> <H></H> <I></I> <J></J> <K>C,D,E,G</K>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulmittal87
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error while including values in xml tags using shell script

Hi All, Please find the code below where I want to add the variable value in between the XML tags. I am taking one string and my goal is to put them between the xml tags. Ex : in between <name> , <lname> Kindly suggest a correction because while executing this script I am getting and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh4U
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)