Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Library problem - not compiling in c Post 302657265 by shamrock on Sunday 17th of June 2012 02:57:34 AM
Old 06-17-2012
Do the /sw/lib and /sw/include dirs exist on the system and post the output of the following...
Code:
ls -latr /sw/lib /sw/include

This User Gave Thanks to shamrock For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem compiling metamail

Hi Guys. I have downloaded metamail from internet e Iīm trying to compile it at a SCO 5.0.5. In this server itīs working fine (letīs name it as mission1) iīm using the developer package in this server (mission1) and when I use mailto, i got the e-mail fine. Itīs forwarding to a exchange server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahnishimi
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Compiling problem

I'm trying to install the jed text editor on a SunOS 5.10 box. It depends on the s-lang library, which I installed to ~/lib. I'm trying to install jed to ~/jed (it's a box @ my university, so I don't have rights to install globally), but when I run make I get this error: It looks like it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iandunn
1 Replies

3. Programming

Problem compiling program

hi i am having a problem that when ever i use cc program_name.c to compile a program. an error occurs, showing cc not found. please help. (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
28 Replies

4. HP-UX

Problem in HP-UX compiling

Hi When im trying to do make --version and make --help in HP-UX it throws error Make: Unknown flag argument -. Stop. a soft link is present in this directory /usr/bin/make and hard link is in /usr/ccs/bin/make what could be the reason can any1 ..please tell me how to solve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

5. Linux

Compiling with multiple versions of a library

Hello! I have a set of headers and libraries I want to use but they are mixed with ones I do not want to use. They are part of some official stuff, so I cannot modify them while begging and pleading for weeks. These headers and libraries are located here /long/official/path/to/include... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gobi
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling samba problem

People i download the lastest version of samba i`am tryng to compile it in a solaris 9 i'm reading the how to of samba, i am in the first step making the autogen.sh but show me this when i do ./autogen.sh ./autogen.sh: running script/mkversion.sh ./script/mkversion.sh: 'include/version.h'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

7. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

8. Programming

Trouble compiling program using the readline library.

Hi: in the info page for readline library I read -- Function: void rl_variable_dumper (int readable) Print the readline variable names and their current values to `rl_outstream'. If READABLE is non-zero, the list is formatted in such a way that it can be made part of an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stf92
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling GCC 6.3.0 - Error with Library

First of all -- thanks for being patient with me. I hope I'm submitting this correctly. Also I haven't done UNIX Admin since the early 1990's. I'm actually a DBA. But, since I'm the one in the office with the UNIX experience, I'm the SA. I haven't been able to compile GCC 6.3.0 which I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: PJ_Namias
9 Replies
GSL-RANDIST(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GSL-RANDIST(1)

NAME
gsl-randist - generate random samples from various distributions SYNOPSYS
gsl-randist seed n DIST param1 param2 [..] DESCRIPTION
gsl-randist is a demonstration program for the GNU Scientific Library. It generates n random samples from the distribution DIST using the distribution parameters param1, param2, ... EXAMPLE
Here is an example. We generate 10000 random samples from a Cauchy distribution with a width of 30 and histogram them over the range -100 to 100, using 200 bins. gsl-randist 0 10000 cauchy 30 | gsl-histogram -100 100 200 > histogram.dat A plot of the resulting histogram will show the familiar shape of the Cauchy distribution with fluctuations caused by the finite sample size. awk '{print $1, $3 ; print $2, $3}' histogram.dat | graph -T X SEE ALSO
gsl(3), gsl-histogram(1). AUTHOR
gsl-randist was written by James Theiler and Brian Gough. Copyright 1996-2000; for copying conditions see the GNU General Public Licence. This manual page was added by the Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>, the Debian GNU/Linux maintainer for GSL. GNU
GSL-RANDIST(1)