Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Folder growth in mount points Post 302655423 by clx on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 07:05:11 AM
Old 06-13-2012
Do you want the size for each sub-dir separately?

If not, du -sh <DIR> should give the size in human readable form.

what is your OS? "-h" seems to work on Linux and Solaris (for other OS, I have only tested it on HP-UX on which it doesn't work) where you can use du -sk <DIR> which would display the size in kbs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount points

sometimes in Solaris 8 when I go to mount filesystems using either the mount command or by editing the /etc/vfstab, i get a nice little error message saying the the number of allowable mount points has been exceeded. I have read man pages until I am blue in the face and no where can I find what the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manderson19
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar using mount points

hi i tried to tar a directory in my server but it show ensufficient space. therefore i tried to save it to a mount point using tar /mountpoint/newfilename file2btar but it gives me permission denied. i am using the root account to do this. is it possible to tar files and put it to mounted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount Points at reboot

How do I make a mount point reconnect at boot without editing /etc/fstab? Is there an option (or switch) to make this persistent when issuing the mount command from a client? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXdumb455
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS Mount Points

Hi Solaris 10 On server A, there is a directory called data with 10 files. This data directory has a further 3 subdirectories, gl, pay, contract (for example) On server B, I want to see the server A data directory commands used: on server A, share -F nfs -o ro -d "<description">... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidra
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Mount points of available Vxvm disks

I have situation where I want to know about all the vxvm mount points information on my solaris box, because after rebooting the server the few mount points are not mounted automatically because they where not copied in /etc/vfstab. So please help me out on the same.:( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimish_mehta
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Cannot unmount mount points??

When taking a snap, I have a script that stops any active snap. When running the script, I'm getting a message that u02 and u04 are already mounted. How can I find out what process(es) is/are latching on the these mount points? Thank you for your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genzbeat
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount points are already mounted

Hi, I have some issue with the mounting/unmounting on my sun solaris box. Actually their is one script that mount the file system take the backup of databases and unmount the file system.Last week this script failed to mount the file system with the below error message: + echo fs_check.sh:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: biju.mp
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount points

hi, I believe a mount point does not have to be a physical disk, but rather a logical one? Is this correct? if so, how can I find out if my mount points are on different physical disks? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

Mount Points? How?

Hi folks, I have been asked to performed the following: Add the following new moint points systemA:/avp and SystemB:/usr/sap/trans to be the new linux server ZZZ How can I add those mount points and how those mount points can become another linuz server?:wall::wall::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Types of mount points

Hi, What are the types of mount points available in Linux machine and how to find what type of mount point is configured in my linux machine? Is mount point otherwise called as file system or do they have different meaning ? Regards, Maddy (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
4 Replies
STAT(1) 							   User Commands							   STAT(1)

NAME
stat - display file or file system status SYNOPSIS
stat [OPTION]... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Display file or file system status. -L, --dereference follow links -f, --file-system display file system status instead of file status -c --format=FORMAT use the specified FORMAT instead of the default; output a newline after each use of FORMAT --printf=FORMAT like --format, but interpret backslash escapes, and do not output a mandatory trailing newline. If you want a newline, include in FORMAT -t, --terse print the information in terse form --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit The valid format sequences for files (without --file-system): %a Access rights in octal %A Access rights in human readable form %b Number of blocks allocated (see %B) %B The size in bytes of each block reported by %b %C SELinux security context string %d Device number in decimal %D Device number in hex %f Raw mode in hex %F File type %g Group ID of owner %G Group name of owner %h Number of hard links %i Inode number %m Mount point %n File name %N Quoted file name with dereference if symbolic link %o I/O block size %s Total size, in bytes %t Major device type in hex %T Minor device type in hex %u User ID of owner %U User name of owner %w Time of file birth, human-readable; - if unknown %W Time of file birth, seconds since Epoch; 0 if unknown %x Time of last access, human-readable %X Time of last access, seconds since Epoch %y Time of last modification, human-readable %Y Time of last modification, seconds since Epoch %z Time of last change, human-readable %Z Time of last change, seconds since Epoch Valid format sequences for file systems: %a Free blocks available to non-superuser %b Total data blocks in file system %c Total file nodes in file system %d Free file nodes in file system %f Free blocks in file system %i File System ID in hex %l Maximum length of filenames %n File name %s Block size (for faster transfers) %S Fundamental block size (for block counts) %t Type in hex %T Type in human readable form NOTE: your shell may have its own version of stat, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's docu- mentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by Michael Meskes. REPORTING BUGS
Report stat bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report stat translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
stat(2) The full documentation for stat is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and stat programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'stat invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.12.197-032bb September 2011 STAT(1)