Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Reliable Video Editing & DVD Burning Post 302654819 by Edward11 on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 09:51:42 AM
Old 06-12-2012
Hi,
It's really a matter of preference. Don't really know when you get down to what I would say to be the most popular 5 (NEC, BenQ, Liteon, Plextor, Pioneer) that it would be very difficult to say whats BEST. Jusr a matter of what your doing with it, looking at the various forums, looking at various tests and media capabilities and choosing what best suits your needs. IMO and from my experience, I like the NEC 3500. A lot of people will agree and a lot won't. Like I said, it's preference. I often use to apply raxio creator to edit or for the purpose of DVD-brennen videos and create DVDs like a pro.

Last edited by Edward11; 06-27-2012 at 08:36 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

image and video editing

what are the best video and image editing software available for mac and linux. id apreciate a good response. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChildrenoftheOS
1 Replies

2. Programming

cdrecord frontend for dvd burning

I came across a small script called pyBurn (attached) which is a frontend for cdrecord. But it only burns cd's and doesn't even recognize my dvd-burner. I'm still learning python (very early stages) so I can't do much with it... is it possible to make it burn dvd's too? (I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: el mariachi
0 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

C TCP/IP Reliable Transmission project not reliable

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: We must do the following for a massive coding project that is due at 12:20PM on Monday, July 22, 2013. We are to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kowit010
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Converting Impress output to DVD video

I have a need to convert 'Impress' presentations to DVD video format whilst retaining the original presentation in situ. Copying the individual slides and modifying size etc. in Gimp and then importing them into 'Openshot' is both long winded and the loss of quality is significant. Can anybody... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
14 Replies

5. Solaris

Problems burning DVD-RW media

Hello, I have Solaris 10 U13 and I try to burn an ISO image. First try: # cdrw -i myfile.iso Looking for CD devices... Device not ready. Second try: # cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -v -multi -pad -data myfile.iso cdrecord: No write mode specified. cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluge
3 Replies
sane-nec(5)							File Formats Manual						       sane-nec(5)

NAME
sane-nec - SANE backend for NEC scanners DESCRIPTION
The sane-nec library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend that provides access to NEC SCSI scanners. This backend should be considered alpha-quality software! In the current state it is known to work with PC-IN500/4C scanners. Another MultiReader scanner series is not supported. PC-IN 500/4C and MultiReader scanner are only sold in Japan.(except Multi Reader PetiScan.) For other scanners, it may or may not work. The backend has the following known problems: - ColorLineart mode is not supported. - device name is fixed to /dev/scanner At present, the following scanners are known to work with this backend. Vendor Product id ------ ----------- NEC PC-IN500/4C FILES
/etc/sane.d/nec.conf The backend configuration file. /usr/lib/sane/libsane-nec.a The static library implementing this backend. /usr/lib/sane/libsane-nec.so The shared library implementing this backend (present on systems that support dynamic loading). ENVIRONMENT
SANE_DEBUG_NEC If the library was compiled with debug support enabled, this environment variable controls the debug level for this backend. E.g., a value of 128 requests all debug output to be printed. Smaller levels reduce verbosity. SEE ALSO
sane(7), sane-scsi(5) AUTHORS
Kazuya Fukuda 17 Feb 2000 sane-nec(5)