Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help on understanding this script ( linux) Post 302654491 by Leion on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 02:16:04 AM
Old 06-12-2012
That is setting up a variable for the oracle password.
if there does not exist that reboot file, you will run sqlplus with those hot.sql and hotback.sql scripts..
This User Gave Thanks to Leion For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding UNIX/Linux

Hello: I'm a totally newbie here. My company has UNIX. My development team would like me to learn UNIX and shell scripting. I've worked with Linux in the past, very briefly. I have Ubuntu installed on my laptop. I was wondering whether or not the shell scripting for Linux is the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbradshaw
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for understanding of script

# sub: find block (in cols), return line-numbers (begin-end) or 0 if notfound sub findb{ my ($exp1,$col1,$exp2,$col2)= @_; # $exp = expression to find, $col - column to search in my $cnt=0; my ($val1,$val2); my ($beg,$end); for($cnt=1;$cnt<=65536;$cnt++){ $val1 =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Really understanding Linux/Unix-Derivatives

Hi I've been using Linux (Ubuntu) specifically for about 5 years now and been dabbling with nix for a couple more. I really am worried that with the way distro's are going and package management that i'm starting to loose touch with compiling applications and really understanding how they work.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shitson
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with understanding script

i am trying to understand this script example. the text does not explain it. can someone tell me briefly what each of the functions do. any help will be appreciated. #!/bin/bash killtree() { local _pid=$1 local _sig=${2-TERM} for _child in $(ps -o pid --no-headers --ppid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iluvsushi
1 Replies

5. Programming

Understanding Linux Kernel

Hi, I have started reading about Linux kernel. The books also explains about the source code here and there. I found a file named head.s in the source which i am not able to understand, it looks like some assembly language. Can anyone confirm this, so that can start looking for assemble... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding the script

Hi Guys, I am new to scripting , I am trying to rebuild a script based on an old script. Can someone help me figure out what the script is doing? This is only a part of the script. I am looking to interpret these two points in the scripts:- 1) test=`echo $?` while I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsan
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Suggest books for understanding Ubuntu Linux

recommend books to understand ubuntu ...... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyom
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help--understanding the script

Hi, New to this forum, as well as to unix scripting..need help to understand below script ... sendNotice_sp() { ATTACH=${LNXLOG:-} if ; then if ; then mail -s "$ERR_MSG" $ERR_EMAIL_TO < $ATTACH fi else mail -s "$ERR_MSG" $ERR_EMAIL_TO < /dev/null fi } afaik this is sm kind of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding the script

Could someone please help me in understanding the code below: #!/usr/bin/ksh Month=`date|cut -c5-7` Day=`date|cut -c9-10` Year=`date|cut -c27-28` Rom2Jul() { case $Month in Feb) Day=$(( $Day+31 ));; Mar) Day=$((... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasn318
27 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shall script use and understanding

Below script is called as Reducer, I am not sure how it work, can some expert explain me what this script does as i am a beginner. inputfile: hi hi how are are you code: #!/bin/bash lastkey=""; -- what does this mean, because i saw in debug mode it is taking value as hi count=0;... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
13 Replies
INITSCRIPT(5)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					     INITSCRIPT(5)

NAME
initscript - script that executes inittab commands. SYNOPSIS
/bin/sh /etc/initscript id runlevels action process DESCRIPTION
When the shell script /etc/initscript is present, init will use it to execute the commands from inittab. This script can be used to set things like ulimit and umask default values for every process. EXAMPLES
This is a sample initscript, which might be installed on your system as /etc/initscript.sample. # # initscript Executed by init(8) for every program it # wants to spawn like this: # # /bin/sh /etc/initscript <id> <level> <action> <process> # # Set umask to safe level, and enable core dumps. umask 022 ulimit -c 2097151 PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin export PATH # Increase the hard file descriptor limit for all processes # to 8192. The soft limit is still 1024, but any unprivileged # process can increase its soft limit up to the hard limit # with "ulimit -Sn xxx" (needs a 2.2.13 or later Linux kernel). ulimit -Hn 8192 # Execute the program. eval exec "$4" NOTES
This script is not meant as startup script for daemons or somesuch. It has nothing to do with a rc.local style script. It's just a handler for things executed from /etc/inittab. Experimenting with this can make your system un(re)bootable. FILES
/etc/inittab, /etc/initscript. AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg ,<miquels@cistron.nl> SEE ALSO
init(8), inittab(5). July 10, 2003 INITSCRIPT(5)