Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Delete files with condition Post 302649431 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 31st of May 2012 10:13:48 AM
Old 05-31-2012
Note: Double quotes around variable references, will ensure that file names with spaces do get processed properly..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] Delete files and folders under given directory

I have a requirement to delete the files and folders under a given directory. my directory structure is like this.. Data | A(Directory) |_PDF(Directory)----pdf files |_XML()Directory --xml files |--files | B(Directory) |_PDF(Directory)----pdf files |_XML()Directory --xml files ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Sorting file and get everything on same line on condition

Good afternoon! I am a perl newbie. I hope you will be patient with me. I have a script that needs to be written in perl. I can't do it in awk or shell scripting. Here is the script: #!/usr/bin/perl use POSIX qw(strftime); use FileHandle; use Getopt::Long; use IO::Handle;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Weird files to delete

Hi, I created some files with a script and I don't know yet where I did a mistake but the script created some "weird" files... prd01,/tmp # ls -al total 706184 -rw-r----- 1 root system 34 Aug 27 16:10 hdisk3BB hdisk3 hdisk3BB.tmp drwxrwxrwt 51 bin bin ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete if condition met in a column

i have a table like this: id, senderNumber, blacklist ----------------------------- 1 0835636326 Y 2 0373562343 Y 3 0273646833 Y and I want to delete automatically if a new inserted row on another table consist anything on senderNumber column above using a BASH Script I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Get files & delete them by shell script

I want to use my script to get any file then delete it once it transfers to my side , I manage to create below script to generate "list" file which contains all file names in "10.10.1.1" then I made "a.out" file which contains the commands that I want to run it on "10.10.1.1" to get & delete the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Delete files older than 10 years

I need a command which delete files older than 10 years. I got a command for 90 days and all commands I find are for days and nothing for years. find file_name -mtime +90 -exec rm {} \; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete File in a Directory Using a Condition

Hello, I have a directory with many files whose creation time is distributed all over the day. I need ANY 20 files per hour. So, I need 20 files for hour 00 20 files for hour 01 ... 20 files for hour 23 What I have done so far is not great. Here is the code: # get the Month a=`echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to stop script at certain condition?

Hi Gurus, my script likes below if ;then if ; then exit 30 fi if for loop do done I want to if condition1 is true, it exit the execution the script completely with error code 30. but right now it still exe for loop. I try to add below if ;then if ; then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Help with condition

I have below code, I am checking on one server where ppp.sh process not running it is perfectly fine, when i am checking the same script on another server where ppp.sh script is running, it is throwing error "too many arguments", how to avoid this. If i will check on server where process running it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
5 Replies
XmListReplaceItemsPos(library call)									       XmListReplaceItemsPos(library call)

NAME
XmListReplaceItemsPos -- A List function that replaces the specified elements in the list SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/List.h> void XmListReplaceItemsPos( Widget widget, XmString *new_items, int item_count, int position); DESCRIPTION
XmListReplaceItemsPos replaces the specified number of items of the List with new items, starting at the specified position in the List. When the items are inserted into the list, they are compared with the current XmNselectedItems list. If any of the new items matches an item on the selected list, it appears selected. widget Specifies the ID of the List widget. new_items Specifies the replacement items. item_count Specifies the number of items in new_items and the number of items in the list to replace. This number must be nonnegative. position Specifies the position of the first item in the list to be replaced. A value of 1 indicates that the first item replaced is the first item in the list; a value of 2 indicates that it is the second item; and so on. Beginning with the item specified in position, item_count items in the list are replaced with the corresponding elements from new_items. That is, the item at position is replaced with the first element of new_items; the item after position is replaced with the second element of new_items; and so on, until item_count is reached. For a complete definition of List and its associated resources, see XmList(3). RELATED
XmList(3). XmListReplaceItemsPos(library call)