Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Delete files with condition Post 302649419 by Skrynesaver on Thursday 31st of May 2012 09:57:12 AM
Old 05-31-2012
I may have misunderstood your requirements, but what's wrong with this bash "one" liner:

Code:
for i in directory/with/videos/files/*.mp4;do if [ ! -e ${i%.mp4}.avi ] ; then rm $i;fi;done

Or more explicitly:
Code:
for i in directory/with/videos/files/*.mp4;do # work through all mp4 files
   if [ ! -e "${i%.mp4}.avi" ] ; then # if no matching avi file exists
      rm "$i" # delete the mp4 file
   fi
done

Last edited by Skrynesaver; 05-31-2012 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: Quoted filename variables in the light of Scrutinizer's very valid observation.
This User Gave Thanks to Skrynesaver For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] Delete files and folders under given directory

I have a requirement to delete the files and folders under a given directory. my directory structure is like this.. Data | A(Directory) |_PDF(Directory)----pdf files |_XML()Directory --xml files |--files | B(Directory) |_PDF(Directory)----pdf files |_XML()Directory --xml files ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Sorting file and get everything on same line on condition

Good afternoon! I am a perl newbie. I hope you will be patient with me. I have a script that needs to be written in perl. I can't do it in awk or shell scripting. Here is the script: #!/usr/bin/perl use POSIX qw(strftime); use FileHandle; use Getopt::Long; use IO::Handle;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Weird files to delete

Hi, I created some files with a script and I don't know yet where I did a mistake but the script created some "weird" files... prd01,/tmp # ls -al total 706184 -rw-r----- 1 root system 34 Aug 27 16:10 hdisk3BB hdisk3 hdisk3BB.tmp drwxrwxrwt 51 bin bin ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete if condition met in a column

i have a table like this: id, senderNumber, blacklist ----------------------------- 1 0835636326 Y 2 0373562343 Y 3 0273646833 Y and I want to delete automatically if a new inserted row on another table consist anything on senderNumber column above using a BASH Script I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Get files & delete them by shell script

I want to use my script to get any file then delete it once it transfers to my side , I manage to create below script to generate "list" file which contains all file names in "10.10.1.1" then I made "a.out" file which contains the commands that I want to run it on "10.10.1.1" to get & delete the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Delete files older than 10 years

I need a command which delete files older than 10 years. I got a command for 90 days and all commands I find are for days and nothing for years. find file_name -mtime +90 -exec rm {} \; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete File in a Directory Using a Condition

Hello, I have a directory with many files whose creation time is distributed all over the day. I need ANY 20 files per hour. So, I need 20 files for hour 00 20 files for hour 01 ... 20 files for hour 23 What I have done so far is not great. Here is the code: # get the Month a=`echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to stop script at certain condition?

Hi Gurus, my script likes below if ;then if ; then exit 30 fi if for loop do done I want to if condition1 is true, it exit the execution the script completely with error code 30. but right now it still exe for loop. I try to add below if ;then if ; then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Help with condition

I have below code, I am checking on one server where ppp.sh process not running it is perfectly fine, when i am checking the same script on another server where ppp.sh script is running, it is throwing error "too many arguments", how to avoid this. If i will check on server where process running it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
5 Replies
Gedcom::Grammar(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Gedcom::Grammar(3pm)

NAME
Gedcom::Grammar - a module to manipulate Gedcom grammars Version 1.16 - 24th April 2009 SYNOPSIS
use Gedcom::Grammar; my $st = $grammar->structure("GEDCOM"); my @sgr = $grammar->item("DATE"); my @items = $grammar->valid_items; my $min = $grammar->min; my $max = $grammar->max; my @items = $grammar->items; DESCRIPTION
A selection of subroutines to handle the grammar of a gedcom file. Derived from Gedcom::Item. HASH MEMBERS
Some of the more important hash members are: $grammar->{top} The top of the grammar tree. $grammar->{top}{structures} A reference to a hash mapping the names of all structures to the grammar objects. METHODS
structures my $st = $grammar->structure("GEDCOM"); Return the grammar item of the specified structure, if it exists, or undef. item my @sgr = $grammar->item("DATE"); Return a list of the possible grammar items of the specified sub-item, if it exists. min my $min = $grammar->min; Return the minimum permissible number of $grammar items max my $max = $grammar->max; Return the maximum permissible number of $grammar items items my @items = $grammar->items; Return a list of tags of the grammar's sub-items valid_items my @items = $grammar->valid_items; Return a hash detailing all the valid sub-items of the grammar item. The key is the tag of the sub-item and the value is an array of hashes with three members: grammar => the sub-item grammar min => the minimum permissible number of these sub-items max => the maximum permissible number of these sub-items perl v5.14.2 2012-04-12 Gedcom::Grammar(3pm)