Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk for line number 2
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk for line number 2 Post 302644985 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 22nd of May 2012 11:22:04 PM
Old 05-23-2012
He wants you to look for the WORD connected rather than the substring connected which is part of dis"connected". You can declare word boundaries in a regexp.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting line number while using AWK

Using AWK, while I am reading the file, I am separating fields based on the ':' & using NF. I also would like to mention line numbers from the file they are originally from. How would I take out the line number for them? I am trying something like following , awk -F":" '{ j=1 for (i=1;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to select a column from particular line number

The awk command awk -F: '{print $1}' test1 gives the first columns of all the lines in file ,is there some command to get a particular column from particular line . Any help is appreciated. thanks arif (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mab_arif16
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing a line number using awk

Hi Chaps, I'm trying to print the line number of a comma delimited file where the second field in the line is blank using AWK. Here is the code I have so far where am I going wrong. It is the last column in the file. nawk -v x==0 'BEGIN {FS=",";OFS=","} x++ if ($2 == " ") print $x' bob.tst ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjsha1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help,line number

I am grep-ing the word "this" in all the files in my dir. $ awk '/this/' * this is this this I want the output as: 1)this is 2)this 3)this How can I achieve this ? Please help. HTH, jkl_jkl (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkl_jkl
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: generate new line number

Hi. I have a script wich reads 1 file and generates 4. If the original file has 10 lines the the sum of the 4 generated files must have the 10 original lines. So far this works. Now what I need is to numerate the lines wtithin each generated file. I tried with NR but it prints the line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - display from line number to regex

Hi. Is there a way in awk to show all lines between a line number and the next line containing a particular regex? We can do these, of course: awk '/regex1/,/regex2/' filename awk 'FNR > X && FNR < Y' filename But can they be combined? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help: Awk to control number of characters per line

Hello all, I have the following problem: My input is two sorted files: file1 >1_19_130_F3 T01220131330230213311013000000110000 >1_23_69_F3 T01200211300200200010000001000000 >1_24_124_F3 T010203113002002111111200002010 file2 >1_19_130_F3 24 18 9 18 23 4 11 4 5 9 5 8 15 20 4 4 7 4... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerSeb
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read contents of a file from a given line number upto line number again specified by user

Hello Everyone. I am trying to display contains of a file from a specific line to a specific line(let say, from line number 3 to line number 5). For this I got the shell script as shown below: if ; then if ; then tail +$1 $3 | head -n $2 else ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grc
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Sed/awk/getting line number from file

I Have file1 with below lines : #HostNameSelection=0 :NotUsed #HostNameSelection=1 :Automatic #HostNameSelection=3 :NotForced I have file2 which has similar lines but with different values I want to copy the changes from file1 to file2 ,line by line only if line begins with '#'. for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvr
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find number in a field then print the line and the number

Hi I want to use awk to match where field 3 contains a number within string - then print the line and just the number as a new field. The source file is pipe delimited and looks something like 1|net|ABC Letr1|1530||| 1|net|EXP_1040 ABC|1121||| 1|net|EXP_TG1224|1122||| 1|net|R_North|1123|||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies
ql-set-cmd-timeout(8)					       System Administration					     ql-set-cmd-timeout(8)

NAME
ql-set-cmd-timeout - set the timeout on the devices connected to the QLogic FC HBA. SYNOPSIS
ql-set-cmd-timeout [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
QLogic Linux Set Device Timeout Utility This utility allows you to set the timeout on the devices connected to the QLogic FC HBA. This timeout value applies to the commands sent to the device. This can help when target devices take longer to execute a command, for example under heavy I/O. Setting a longer timeout reduces the chance of the Linux SCSI mid-layer driver aborting the tasks after a timeout. [DEFAULT] Display timeout of devices connected to all HOSTs [HOST] Display timeout of devices connected to HOST [HOST] [TARGET] Display timeout of devices connected to a TARGET on HOST [HOST] [TARGET] [TIMEOUT] To set timeout on devices connected to a TARGET on HOST -h, --help, ? Prints this help message -i, --interactive Use this option to use the menu driven program SEE ALSO
ql-dynamic-tgt-lun-disc(8), ql-lun-state-online(8), ql-hba-snapshot(8) Matthias Schmitz <;matthias@sigxcpu.org> August 2008 ql-set-cmd-timeout(8)