Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Getting the process ID of the terminal in Unix/Linux Post 302639777 by gauravsharma29 on Sunday 13th of May 2012 06:32:49 AM
Old 05-13-2012
Code:
[~]# ps
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
 7075 pts/1    00:00:00 bash

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-13-2012 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: code tags
This User Gave Thanks to gauravsharma29 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting to unix through hyper terminal - as a dumb terminal

I just changed from windows NT to XP and I am no longer able to connect to my unix system. I used to use hyper terminal -- which acts as dumb terminal to my main frame unix system. I think one of the options used to be "direct to comX". This option isn't listed now. I use a serial port and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelle
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start process in shellscript at other terminal

A programming running in tty0 crashes. In a second terminal I kill all the processes. Can i start the program again from this terminal? Yes, I can, but it starts in tty1, and when i close the terminal, the program closes. Now I want to start the program from tty1 in tty0, so i can close... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: benschell
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

upper limit of accessible memory space for a single process in Unix/Linux

Hellp all, if there is 3G memory in my Unix server I want to know if all the 3G space can be used by ong sigle process. As i know, in Windows, one process can only access at most 1G memory despite there is probably more than 1G memory is equipped. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to run a process after closing the terminal

i want to execute a shell script even if the terminal is closed. how to do? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Control process from different terminal (over SSH)

I pressed CTRL Z and suspended the job. then I pressed bg, The process re-started to throw output on the terminal and its not allowing me to access the prompt. its not even accepting CTRL Z. The process has been running for about 2 hours now and I want to suspend it by opening another terminal.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process not attached to terminal

Hi Folks, When i try to run schedule job on Unix server am getting following errror messges in logs pic_selection @starting on Fri Feb 5 01:53:06 GMT 2010 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microfocus Cobol batch run Started: Fri Feb 5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav20
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Start process independent from TERMINAL (or also with PPID 1)

Hi *, please, I need fast tip (help). I have a process starting through /etc/rc3.d/xxxx script. However, sometimes (mostly because of testing reasons) I need to stop the process, change something and then start it again. But: 1) when I start it in terminal, the process dies when I leave the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeangel
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to extract terminal from this process -perl regx

Hi All, i ve a process, user4 31779 2836 0 01:43 pts/6 00:00:00 sh /home/user/DATE/SUT_SCR/c.sh like this i'll get so many process when in run ps -ef | grep pts | grep c.sh i need to extract terminal id from this string. i.e pts/6, or sometimes pts/22 same way i need to do for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need free Linux / UNIX Terminal over Internet

I do not wish to install Unix or Linux locally be it on my system or my Virtual box. I am looking for an online free Linux / Unix Terminal that i can connect and use. Something like ... Unix Terminal Online But the problem with Unix Terminal Online] is that i CANNOT ping it's ip which i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. AIX

Process on a specified Terminal and Socket Port does not start

Hi, I new to AIX, and I have been using Rocket UniData in it. I had to set up a Process for Data Exchange by assigning a unique Terminal and a Socket Port to that process. I ran the process for the first time and it was successful and after use I stopped the process. Now when I want to run it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BejoyS
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)