Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 VMs hang after about a week Post 302633145 by derekivey on Tuesday 1st of May 2012 11:52:55 AM
Old 05-01-2012
Hi vmcore,

Here is the information you requested. Thanks for your help with this!

Code:
CAT(/var/crash/unknown/vmcore.3/10X)> thread summary
        reference clock = panic_lbolt: 0x4b7e438, panic_hrtime: 0x2d11bb0cecb6b
   27   threads ran since 1 second before current tick (19 user, 8 kernel)
  104   threads ran since 1 minute before current tick (91 user, 13 kernel)

12   TS_RUN threads (7 user, 5 kernel)
    0   TS_STOPPED threads
    8   TS_FREE threads (0 user, 8 kernel)
   54*  !TS_LOAD (swapped) threads (54 user, 0 kernel)
    3*  !TS_LOAD (swapped) but TS_RUN threads (3 user, 0 kernel)

4*  threads trying to get a mutex (3 user, 1 kernel)
          longest sleeping 7 minutes 15.56 seconds earlier
    0   threads trying to get an rwlock
  505   threads waiting for a condition variable (320 user, 185 kernel)
    1   threads sleeping on a semaphore (0 user, 1 kernel)
          longest sleeping 9 days 3 hours 53 minutes 23.76 seconds earlier
   53   threads sleeping on a user-level sobj (53 user, 0 kernel)
   39   threads sleeping on a shuttle (door) (39 user, 0 kernel)

0   threads in biowait()
    1*  threads in zio_wait() (0 user, 1 kernel)

9   threads in dispatch queues (4 user, 5 kernel)
    1*  interrupt threads running (0 user, 1 kernel)

631   total threads in allthreads list (428 user, 203 kernel)
    1   thread_reapcnt
    1   lwp_reapcnt
  633   nthread

CAT(/var/crash/unknown/vmcore.3/10X)> dev busy

Scanning for busy devices:
No busy/hanging devices found
Scanning for threads in biowait:

no threads in biowait() found.

Scanning for procs with aio:

Derek

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-01-2012 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: code tags

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Time change next week - solaris 8 ?

Can anyone tell me does solaris 8 automatically update the time upon the daylight savings? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris 5.8 hang on boot

I have an ultra 10 system, and am trying to install and verify a previously cloned hard drive, to make sure it works, that it really is a duplicate of the hard drive currently on an other server, etc. I plugged in this cloned hard drive as master, only drive in the system. No network LAN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HikerLT
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 CDE hang issue

Hi, I am facing some issues on Solaris 10 (SPARC 5.10 Generic_118833-36). The issue is when I try to connect/login through CDE it hangs (hangs at login screen). I tried connecting thourgh VNC client also but that also not helped. I had done no configuration change or modified any kernel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgupta
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Bind hang up when process is reaching to 500 Mb, Solaris 10u8, Sun T5140

Hi all, I use latest bind 9.6.1, brand-new T5140 Sun Server, 10u8 Solaris OS, Mar-2010 OS patch to configure a caching dns server. But bind always hang up when process/cache is reaching to 500 Mb ( Though 'prstat -a' check ) Can anyone help me a solution for this problem, i will greatly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 11 and OpenSolaris both hang at Configuring Devices

Hi, Any help would be appreciated, when I attempt to install either OpenSolaris or Solaris 11 the install hangs right after the copyright where normally it would be "configuring devices" . If it is SOL 11 it just hangs if it is OpenSolaris it starts spitting out the following: WARNING: hubdi:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jk121960
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to get day of the week from a timestamp using Solaris

Looking for something equivalent to what im able to do with Linux: date -d 20120523 +%a Wed Is there a Solaris equivalent? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chihova
5 Replies
vxiod(1M)																 vxiod(1M)

NAME
vxiod - start, stop, and report on Veritas Volume Manager I/O threads SYNOPSIS
vxiod vxiod [-f ] [set count] DESCRIPTION
The vxiod utility starts, stops, or reports on Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) I/O kernel threads. An I/O thread provides a process context for performing I/O in VxVM. When the vxio module is loaded, 16 I/O threads are created, plus 2 threads per additional CPU for a system with more than 8 CPUs, up to a maximum of 64 threads. At least one I/O thread must be running while the vxio module is loaded, and the number of I/O threads cannot be forced to zero. When invoked with no arguments, vxiod prints the current number of I/O threads to the standard output. The number of threads that is required for handling I/O requests depends on the system load and usage. If volume recovery seems to proceed more slowly at times, it may be possible to improve its performance by increasing the number of I/O threads up to a maximum of 64. KEYWORDS
set When invoked with the set keyword, vxiod creates the number of I/O threads specified by count. If more volume I/O threads exist than are specified by count, the excess processes terminate. If more than the maximum number(64) are specified, the requested number is silently truncated to that maximum. OPTIONS
-f This option has no effect from release 5.0 onward. The number of I/O threads cannot be reduced to zero. EXIT CODES
The vxiod utility prints a diagnostic on the standard error, and exits if an error is encountered. If an I/O request occurs within a I/O thread, the state of that I/O request is not reflected in the exit status for vxiod. Otherwise, vxiod returns a non-zero exit status on error. Usage errors result in an exit status of 1 and a usage message. If the requested number of threads cannot be created, the exit status is 2, and the number of threads that were successfully started is reported. If any other error occurs, the exit status is 3. FILES
/dev/vx/iod The device used to report on and start volume I/O threads. NOTES
Veritas Volume Manager I/O threads cannot be killed directly through the use of signals. Depending on the operating system, VxVM I/O threads may not appear in the list of processes that is output by the ps command. The number of I/O threads that is currently running can be determined by running vxiod. SEE ALSO
fork(2), ps(1), vxconfigd(1M), vxdctl(1M), vxintro(1M), vxio(7), vxiod(7) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxiod(1M)