Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers grep line for string up to symbol Post 302630043 by goodbenito on Wednesday 25th of April 2012 10:07:58 AM
Old 04-25-2012
Both of them work perfectly. Many thanks to you both.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep a string in a line using sed

Hi, I'm trying to grep a string in a line using sed. My original data looks like this: MRTG$ grep -i "System" $file <H1>Traffic Analysis for 15 -- sERITHC3602.t-mobile.co.uk</H1> <TABLE> <TR><TD>System:</TD> <TD>sERITHC3602 in </TD></TR> <TR><TD>Maintainer:</TD> <TD></TD></TR>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: viadisky
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep the string with the line number

Dear Masters, Here i have some doubts can anyone clarify?. Is it possible to grep the lines by specifying the line numbers. I know the line number which i want to grep. example: grep 40th line filename grep 50th line filename Need ur comments. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salaathi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep string and find line before

hi, i have to grep for string in file but i want to find the group of this line so i must get lines before and select the group. the file look like : ####name_groupe1 alphanumeric line alphanumeric line .. ####name_groupe2 alphanumeric line alphanumeric line .. ####name_groupe3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep string and next line

Hi i am having a file of more than 60,000 lines. need to grep a string and write the line of string and next line of the grepped string any suggestions (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string and print a string from the line below it

I know how to grep, copy and paste a string from a line. Now, what i want to do is to find a string and print a string from the line below it. To demonstrate: Name 1: ABC Age: 3 Sex: Male Name 2: DEF Age: 4 Sex: Male Output: 3 Male I know how to get "3". My biggest problem is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP/SED - get string in a line

Hi, I simply try to get a string in a line but I do smth. wrong. Hopfefully you can help me ;) tried smth like: ggrep -Eo " /folder1/folder2/folder3/* end" get_info_file > temp.file I played a bit around but could not specify the end string command... So this is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown7
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep on string and printing line after until another string has been found

Hello Everyone, I just started scripting this week. I have no background in programming or scripting. I'm working on a script to grep for a variable in a log file Heres what the log file looks like. The x's are all random clutter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx START: xxxxxxxxxxxx... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxc23816
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string and write a value to next line of found string

Hi, I have two variables x and y. i need to find a particular string in a file, a workflow name and then insert the values of x and y into the next lines of the workflow name. basically it is like as below wf_xxxxxx $$a= $$b= $$c= figo $$d=bentley i need to grep the 'wf_xxxx' and then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to grep repeated string on the same line?

I have this a file.txt with one line, whose content is /app/jdk/java/bin/java -server -Xms3g -Xmx3g -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dweblogic.Name=O2pPod8_mapp_msrv1_1 -Djava.security.policy=/app/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/wlserver/server/lib/weblogic.policy -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lam
3 Replies
ALSA_IO(1)						      General Commands Manual							ALSA_IO(1)

NAME
alsa_in, alsa_out - Jack clients that perform I/O with an alternate audio interface SYNOPSIS
alsa_in [options] alsa_out [options] DESCRIPTION
A JACK client that opens a specified audio interface (different to the one used by the JACK server, if any) and moves audio data between its JACK ports and the interface. alsa_in will provide data from the interface (potentially for capture); alsa_out will deliver data to it (for playback). The audio interface used by alsa_in/alsa_out does not need to be synchronized with JACK backend (or the hardware it might be using). alsa_in/alsa_out tries to resample the output stream in an attempt to compensate for drift between the two clocks. As of jack-0.116.3 this works almost perfectly. It takes some time, to reach absolute resample-rate stability. So give it some minutes (its intended to be running permanently anyways) OPTIONS
-j jack_client_name Set Client Name. -d alsa_device Use this Soundcard. -v Verbose, prints out resample coefficient and other parameters useful for debugging, every 500ms. also reports soft xruns. -i Instrumentation. This logs the 4 important parameters of the samplerate control algorithm every 1ms. You can pipe this into a file, and plot it. Should only be necessary, if it does not work as expected, and we need to adjust some of the obscure parameters, to make it work. Find me on irc.freenode.org #jack in order to set this up correctly. -c channels Set Number of channels. -r sample_rate Set sample_rate. The program resamples as necessary. So you can connect a 44k1 jackd to a soundcard only supporting 48k. (default is jack sample_rate) -p period_size Set the period size. It is not related to the jackd period_size. Sometimes it affects the quality of the delay measurements. Set- ting this lower than the jackd period_size will only work, if you use a higher number of periods. -n num_period Set number of periods. See note for period_size. -q quality Set the quality of the resampler from 0 to 4. This can significanly reduce CPU usage. Higher values give better quality and more CPU usage. -m max_diff The value when a soft xrun occurs. Basically the window, in which the dma pointer may jitter. I don't think its necessary to play with this anymore. -t target_delay The delay alsa_io should try to approach. Same as for max_diff. It will be setup based on -p and -n which is generally sufficient. -s smooth_array_size This parameter controls the size of the array used for smoothing the delay measurement. Its default is 256. If you use a pretty low period size, you can lower the CPU usage a bit by decreasing this parameter. However most CPU time is spent in the resampling so this will not be much. -C P Control Clamp If you have a PCI card, then the default value (15) of this parameter is too high for -p64 -n2... Setting it to 5 should fix that. Be aware that setting this parameter too low, lets the hf noise on the delay measurement come through onto the resamplerate, so this might degrade the quality of the output. (but its a threshold value, and it has been chosen, to mask the noise of a USB card, which has an amplitude which is 50 times higher than that of a PCI card, so 5 wont loose you any quality on a PCI card) AUTHOR
Torben Hohn 0-122-0 September 2012 ALSA_IO(1)