Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trouble executing piped shell commands in perl code Post 302629061 by sam05121988 on Tuesday 24th of April 2012 09:16:24 AM
Old 04-24-2012
That worked thanks,
but can you explain why awk didn't work inside the code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing commands in child shell

I have to execute some commands after executing one command ( cleartool setview Tagname) Problem is that I write commands in script like this. echo "test1" cleartool setview tagname echo "test2" copy file1 file2 echo "test3" but when I execute script. Output --------- test1 If I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udaykishore
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing commands through shell variable

Hey there, I am trying to pass a command as argument to a function. The command shows up in $1. Now I want to execute this command, but if I do a $1 ./sample "bla/blaprintf: warning: ignoring excess arguments, starting with `bla/bla' The code is : #!/bin/ksh fn() { $1 } fn... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriyer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH variable containing piped commands

Hi, I am trying to execute a bunch of piped command which are stored in a variable, but only one command executed at a time, and rest of the pipes, commands and their arguments are considered as argument to the very first command. Can you please help me in this? bash-2.05$ cat test.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashant.ladha
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to stay in remote shell after executing commands in ssh?

the ssh calling convention: ssh <server> If I put commands in the section, ssh will execute them immediately after logging in and return to local shell. I want to stay in the remote shell after executing these commands. How can I achieve this? Thanks for all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hplonlien
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple piped commands in a find -exec statement?

I can't get this to work. Running a single command works fine: find . -name "*.dat" -exec wc -l '{}' \; gives me the file name and number of lines in each .dat file in the directory. But what if I want to pipe commands, e.g. to grep something and get the number of lines with that pattern... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a shell script containing awk commands

Hi All, I am trying to execute a shell script containg awk commands. But unable to do so. Below is my script. Please help. The name of the script is scan.sh and I have tried executing it using the command sh scan.sh It is giving an error which reads like: awk:syntax error near line 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: misb
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

What are different ways of executing shell commands?

I am a student in BCIT in vancouver and taking comp2771 course.(Shell scripting). I would like to know what are different ways of executing shell commands? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adam25ca
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands not executing after FTP in shell script

Hello In the shell script we have a FTP command like below ftp -n -v -q winftp.principal.com >/infa/datafiles/GRP/Scripts/ftp_from_infa_dvcn.log<<END_SCRIPT   quote USER $FTP_USER quote PASS $FTP_PASS ascii lcd $FTP_LOCALDIR cd $FTP_FLDR put $FTP_FILE   bye exit If i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple ssh commands inside a shell simultaneously

I would like to execute a commands in four different servers through ssh at a single instance(simultaneously). Below are the details with examples, ssh user1@server1 "grep xxxx logs" ssh user1@server2 "grep xxxx logs" ssh user1@server3 "grep xxxx logs" Each statement will take some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amutha
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing MQ commands in Perl

If you want to capture the output of any command, we then will be writing the system command in `` or qx. `` an qx works fine with all linux and windows system commands. But when I execute the below code.. it is displaying the output on the screen directly instead of storing to variable ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies
SendEmail(1)							   User Commands						      SendEmail(1)

NAME
SendEmail - Lightweight, command line SMTP email client SYNOPSIS
SendEmail -f ADDRESS [options] OPTIONS
-f ADDRESS from (sender) email address * At least one recipient required via -t, -cc, or -bcc * Message body required via -m, STDIN, or -o message-file=FILE Common: -t ADDRESS [ADDR ...] to email address(es) -u SUBJECT message subject -m MESSAGE message body -s SERVER[:PORT] smtp mail relay, default is localhost:25 Optional: -a FILE [FILE ...] file attachment(s) -cc ADDRESS [ADDR ...] cc email address(es) -bcc ADDRESS [ADDR ...] bcc email address(es) [32;1mParanormal:[m -xu USERNAME authentication user (for SMTP authentication) -xp PASSWORD authentication password (for SMTP authentication) -l LOGFILE log to the specified file -v verbosity, use multiple times for greater effect -q be quiet (no stdout output) -o NAME=VALUE see extended help topic "misc" for details Help: --help TOPIC The following extended help topics are available: addressing explain addressing and related options message explain message body input and related options misc explain -xu, -xp, and others networking explain -s, etc output explain logging and other output options REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugs.debian.org/sendemail> AUTHOR
sendemail was written by Brandon Zehm <caspian@dotconf.net> . This manual page was written by Brandon Zehm and improved by Alejandro Garrido Mota <garridomota@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). sendEmail September 2010 SendEmail(1)