Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How replace -- character in perl Post 302626129 by guruprasadpr on Thursday 19th of April 2012 01:34:32 AM
Old 04-19-2012
Hi

Hoping you want to retain the semicolon in the $x. Else just remove the semicolon in red below.

Code:
$x="SELECT * FROM EMP --xyz this change is done in q2;";
$x=~s/--.*/;/;

Guru.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

character replace

Hi, I have rows in a file, in each row string starts with "A200819097564". I want to replace the first character A with space.So the string looks like " 200819097564" I tried "tr -s "A2008" " 2008"" But did not get the required outpit. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep_script
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read in a file character by character - replace any unknown ASCII characters with spa

Can someone help me to write a script / command to read in a file, character by character, replace any unknown ASCII characters with space. then write out the file to a new filename/ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghav525
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a character with another character

hi i have a string var=abc.ghi.jkl.mno.pqr now i need to replace .(dot) with _(underscore) the result should be like "arresult=abc_def_ghi_jkl_mno_pqr" Please help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 2 Character With One Using tr

Hi, I have an XML file which is all on one line. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><FUNCTION><PRODUCTS><PRODUCT CODE="PROD1" ACTION="amend" VALIDATE="no"><SUPPLIER PRODUCT="SUPPPROD1" ACTION="amend" CODE="SUPPLIER"><STOCK_QUANTITY DATA="291"></STOCK_QUANTITY> <STOCK_DATE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ste_Moore01
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Sed how can I replace starting from the 7th character to the 15th character.

Hi All, Was wondering how I can do the following.... I have a String as follows "ACCTRL000005022RRWDKKEEDKDD...." This string can be in a file called tail.out or in a Variable called $VAR2 Now I have another variable called $VAR1="000004785" (9 bytes long), I need the content of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohullah
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple occurances of same character with a single character.

Hi all, Greetings, I have the following scenario, The contents of main file are like : Unix|||||forum|||||||||||||||is||||||the||best so||||||be|||||on||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||it And i need the output in the following form: Unix=forum=is=the=best so=be=on=it ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipanchandra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace a particular character in perl

Hi, I have a file with two string : aa_bb_cc_def gg_hh_jj_xyz now i want a command in perl script, which gives me the result as : aa_bb_cc.def gg_hh_jj.xyz Can anyone help me on this plz.. thanks in advane. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arup1980
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Character Find and replace in Unix or Perl

Hi, I am stuck with an problem and want some help, what i want to do is There is a directory name temp which include file named t1.txt, t2,txt, t3.txt and so on. These files contains data, but there are some bad character also that is % present in the files , I want to write the script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find character and Replace character for given position

Hi, i want find the character '-' in a file from position 284-298, if it occurs i need to replace it with 'O ' for the position in the file. How to do that using SED command. thanks in advance, Sara (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara183
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replace certain character at specific place with related character

hello i have file with 100k records and each one has certain value that starts at 28th column and certain value that starts at 88th column e.g. 1st file <25>1234567 ..... <88> 8573785485 i have aditional file with values which are related to value that starts at 88th column of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dell1520
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)