Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pgp encryption script
Operating Systems Linux Pgp encryption script Post 302624061 by mr_harish80 on Sunday 15th of April 2012 04:53:04 PM
Old 04-15-2012
Pgp encryption script

I have file in linux which I need to do the PGP encryption.
Through manually I am using this command to do the same

Code:
gpg -c scsrun.log
Enter passphrase :
Repeat Passphrase :

But how I can achive this using linux script.

Thanks
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment How to use code tags

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-15-2012 at 07:45 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Telnet Blocked - PGP Encryption?

I have 2 systems that cannot telnet directly into our UNIX system via IP. The only thing that separate these 2 systems from all the others in our office is that they run a PGP encryption within Outlook. I can telnet to a different server and then telnet from there to the one I want to get to, but... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgordon
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using pgp in a shell script

This may be more of a PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) question than Unix, but here's hoping. The statement I'm using to compress a file is: /opt/pgp-6.5.8/pgp +force -feat MY_Pub_Key < file_in.txt > file_out.asc The +force parameter is documented as "Eliminating confirmation questions", but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
1 Replies

3. Solaris

PGP encryption/decryption solaris 9

Hi Someone is going to send me a file that they have encrypted by PGP encryption on windows pc to my solaris 9 server. They will give me the pgp key to decrypt the file. How can I do this on solaris 9 Is there a tool installed by default to decrypt or do I need to install something to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pgp encryption

Hi I have one script for doing the gpg encryption on linux. The encrytion is doing fine when i am running the script from command prompt on linux The same script when it is triggering from mainframe using sysopts option in NDM(connect direct) the encryption step in the shell script is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

How to use PGP File Encryption

Hi All, I am new to the concept of encryption and shell and i have been assigned to do pgp encryption of a file before ftping it. I am developing the script using MKS Toolkit on Windows XP and the script will run later on actual unix box. I am going through documents provided by pgp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepb
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File size after pgp encryption

Hello, Does anyone know if it's normal to have a very different file size after a file has been encrypted using pgp? Before encryption: 582.7618598938 MB After encryption: 98.73 MB Thanks in advance for any help, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster757
2 Replies

7. Solaris

PGP encryption

Hi, i am trying to encrypt a file using pgp with a recepient's public key. The file is encrypted but the output file has owner & group nobody. i am not able to change it either. Please let me know how to do pgp encryption so that i get the output with owner and group as the same user which runs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: renjyverghese
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting up PGP encryption in HPUX

Hi, Could anyone please help me in understanding how PGP can be installed and configured in HP-UX machines.Is there any separate licence required ? and what are the minimum system requirements to have PGP installed on a server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tinivt
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PGP decryption in UNIX script

Hi, I have an already running Production script that I need to simulate in QA. The script is trying to decrypt some files using the below command: pgp --decrypt ${GET_DIR}/*.pgp --home-dir /.pgp I am getting the following error: 1080:no private key could be found for decryption Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jigsaw16
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

PGP encryption issue with Crontab

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: PGP encryption works manually but not with crontab 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: Below... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharath.molagav
4 Replies
GIT-LS-REMOTE(1)                                                    Git Manual                                                    GIT-LS-REMOTE(1)

NAME
git-ls-remote - List references in a remote repository SYNOPSIS
git ls-remote [--heads] [--tags] [--refs] [--upload-pack=<exec>] [-q | --quiet] [--exit-code] [--get-url] [--symref] [<repository> [<refs>...]] DESCRIPTION
Displays references available in a remote repository along with the associated commit IDs. OPTIONS
-h, --heads, -t, --tags Limit to only refs/heads and refs/tags, respectively. These options are not mutually exclusive; when given both, references stored in refs/heads and refs/tags are displayed. --refs Do not show peeled tags or pseudorefs like HEAD in the output. -q, --quiet Do not print remote URL to stderr. --upload-pack=<exec> Specify the full path of git-upload-pack on the remote host. This allows listing references from repositories accessed via SSH and where the SSH daemon does not use the PATH configured by the user. --exit-code Exit with status "2" when no matching refs are found in the remote repository. Usually the command exits with status "0" to indicate it successfully talked with the remote repository, whether it found any matching refs. --get-url Expand the URL of the given remote repository taking into account any "url.<base>.insteadOf" config setting (See git-config(1)) and exit without talking to the remote. --symref In addition to the object pointed by it, show the underlying ref pointed by it when showing a symbolic ref. Currently, upload-pack only shows the symref HEAD, so it will be the only one shown by ls-remote. <repository> The "remote" repository to query. This parameter can be either a URL or the name of a remote (see the GIT URLS and REMOTES sections of git-fetch(1)). <refs>... When unspecified, all references, after filtering done with --heads and --tags, are shown. When <refs>... are specified, only references matching the given patterns are displayed. EXAMPLES
$ git ls-remote --tags ./. d6602ec5194c87b0fc87103ca4d67251c76f233a refs/tags/v0.99 f25a265a342aed6041ab0cc484224d9ca54b6f41 refs/tags/v0.99.1 7ceca275d047c90c0c7d5afb13ab97efdf51bd6e refs/tags/v0.99.3 c5db5456ae3b0873fc659c19fafdde22313cc441 refs/tags/v0.99.2 0918385dbd9656cab0d1d81ba7453d49bbc16250 refs/tags/junio-gpg-pub $ git ls-remote http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git master pu rc 5fe978a5381f1fbad26a80e682ddd2a401966740 refs/heads/master c781a84b5204fb294c9ccc79f8b3baceeb32c061 refs/heads/pu $ git remote add korg http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git $ git ls-remote --tags korg v* d6602ec5194c87b0fc87103ca4d67251c76f233a refs/tags/v0.99 f25a265a342aed6041ab0cc484224d9ca54b6f41 refs/tags/v0.99.1 c5db5456ae3b0873fc659c19fafdde22313cc441 refs/tags/v0.99.2 7ceca275d047c90c0c7d5afb13ab97efdf51bd6e refs/tags/v0.99.3 GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-LS-REMOTE(1)