Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX LACP between AIX 7.1 and HP procurve switches Post 302622381 by stephnane on Thursday 12th of April 2012 05:40:17 AM
Old 04-12-2012
LACP between AIX 7.1 and HP procurve switches

Hi.

On a standalone AIX server, 7.1 version, I have 3 connected gigabit ethernet ports.

I made an etherchannel like this :

Code:
# lsattr -El ent4
adapter_names ent1,ent2 | EtherChannel Adapters True
alt_addr 0x000000000000 | Alternate EtherChannel Address True
auto_recovery yes | Enable automatic recovery after failover True
backup_adapter ent3 | Adapter used when whole channel fails True
hash_mode src_dst_port | Determines how outgoing adapter is chosen True
interval long | Determines interval value for IEEE 802.3ad mode True
mode 8023ad | EtherChannel mode of operation True
netaddr 0 | Address to ping True
noloss_failover yes | Enable lossless failover after ping failure True
num_retries 3 | Times to retry ping before failing True
retry_time 1 | Wait time (in seconds) between pings True
use_alt_addr no | Enable Alternate EtherChannel Address True
use_jumbo_frame no | Enable Gigabit Ethernet Jumbo Frames True

On my HP procurve switch, I set a LACP aggregation link between "ent1" and "ent2" ports of the server.

Here are the result of our tests :
  1. Send data from this server to 2 others servers -> seems to have a real aggregation, with a 2Gbps bandwidth.
  2. Send data from 2 others servers th this one -> seems to have only 1 Gbps bandwidth of network activity on the server.
Have you any idea to have 2 Gbps in both ways ? Does LACP support the aggregation in both ways ? Is there any other way to have 2 Gbps bandwidth ?

Tks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 04-22-2012 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar switches!!!

Hi, If i want to write my data on several tapes, (more than one tape), what switch(s) i need to use with tar. In other word if my data needs the sapce more than one tape & i don't wanna to compress or ... my data. so is it possible to write up to the end of the tape & it asks to put another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Link Aggregation and LACP

Hi there I have a requirement to provide failover to our customer boxes in case of interface / switch failure, I have been looking at Solaris Link Aggregation with LACP and I wanted to ask a question Ive seen multiple websites that say the following Does this also mean that if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

bonding lacp and link aggregation

Hello, I am trying to get clarity on a few things and am looking for some info. In every article I have read about link aggregation and lacp, it can be used combine physical links to create 1 logical link for increased bandwidth. But what it doesn't say is if this is limited by source/dst. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaredo
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

LACP aggregation on separates switches

Hello, I'm working on LACP architecture. I would like to know if it's possible to aggregate two links on two separate switches. Here an example I want : Aggregation of link1 and link2 to obtain a logical 2 gbit/s link. Also have redundancy, if one of them is down, the traffic goes through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbemonet
1 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios monitoring for switches.

Hi, I have configured check_snmp plugin and using the plugin i am able to monitor the uptime of the switch. But the following fails # /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp -H 10.10.10.1 -C ready -o ifOperStatus.1 -r 1 -m RFC1213-MIB SNMP CRITICAL - *down(2)* | # Any suggestions ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo switches

Hello All, I am writing an shell script but abruptly its not able to recognize switches in echo statement. #!/bin/bash top -n 1 -b>ankit host=`hostname` time=`cat ankit|grep load|tr -s " "|cut -d " " -f3` load=`cat ankit|grep load|tr -s " "|cut -d "," -f4|cut -d ":" -f2` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
3 Replies

7. Solaris

LACP Policy - Which is best?

Hello, I have these S10 boxes with LACP using the L4 policy. Does the L4 policy create a lot more overhead as opposed to using the L2? I'm noticing that my traffic does not seem to be very well load balanced accross the NIC's, and I am wondering if the policy I'm using has anything else to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Delete LACP in Solaris 10 10/09 s10s_u8wos_08a SPARC

My Customer has the requirement to use IPMP instead of LACP cause of giving Switch-Management to others (Outsourcing). I deleted the aggregation with And created an IPMP-Configuration: with all Entries under /etc/hosts /etc/netmasks and /etc/defaultrouter But i end up with one interface... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: etomer_sk
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Bonding a Bond with LACP

Does anyone know if it's possible to bond two bonds together? My situation is I have two older Cisco switches that cannot carry a LACP (bond level 4) aggregated between them, but separate aggregates can be setup on the switches themselves. In order to have redundancy of two switches I would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Link Aggregation without LACP

Hi, I'm not from the Solaris world and some of these things are new to me. Can someone tell me if it is possible to configure link aggregation without using LACP? I am told etherchannel was setup without LACP. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techy1
3 Replies
LITESERV(1)						      General Commands Manual						       LITESERV(1)

NAME
liteserv - serve tiles using TileLite SYNOPSIS
liteserv mapfile [ options ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the liteserv command. litserv is a development server that serves tiles rendered by Mapnik using TileLite. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -i HOST, --ip=HOST Specify an IP address to listen on (defaults to 0.0.0.0/localhost). -p PORT, --port=PORT Specify a custom port to run on: eg. 8080. --config=CONFIG Specify the use of a custom TileLite config file to override default settings. By default looks for a file in the current directory called tilelite.cfg. -s SIZE, --size=SIZE Specify a custom tile size (defaults to 256). -b BUFFER_SIZE, --buffer-size=BUFFER_SIZE Specify a custom map buffer_size (defaults to 128). -z MAX_ZOOM, --max-zoom=MAX_ZOOM Max zoom level to support (defaults to 22). -f FORMAT, --format=FORMAT Specify a custom image format (png or jpeg) (defaults to png). --paletted Use paletted/8bit PNG (defaults to False). -d DEBUG, --debug=DEBUG Run in debug mode (defaults to True). -c, --caching Turn on tile caching mode (defaults to False). --cache-path=CACHE_PATH Path to tile cache directory (defaults to /tmp). --cache-force Force regeneration of tiles while in caching mode (defaults to False). --processes=NUM_PROCESSES If werkzeug is installed, number of rendering processes to allow. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
TileLite was written by Dane Springmeyer <dane@dbsgeo.com>. This manual page was written by David Paleino <dapal@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 21, 2011 LITESERV(1)