Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: filemon with no filenames...
Operating Systems AIX filemon with no filenames... Post 302622379 by curtis911 on Thursday 12th of April 2012 05:38:32 AM
Old 04-12-2012
filemon with no filenames...

i excuted filemon with filemon -u -o /tmp/filemon.out -O all;sleep 60; trcstop.
everything is ok, but i only get PID for filenames in Most Active Files.
is there any different flags i need to use to get filenames?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Code tags please, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 04-12-2012 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

spaces in filenames, for do

Hi All, I see similar problems in past threads but so far no answers have worked for me. I am trying to write a script which parses a txt file that contains one filename per line, then finds those files on the local disk and copies them to a specified directory. What I have: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naviztirf
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

prefixing filenames

Hi,:cool: I have a list of files in a directory.I need to store them in a file with the prefix of @ by using a command.. ex:@p_po.plb @p_ebiz_roster_data.plb any idea pls. cheers RRK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Patterns in Filenames

Hi, To start, I am using a bash shell on a G4 powerbook running Leopard. I am attempting to write a shell script that will automate the processing of satellite imagery. All the filenames are of the following construction: A2008196000500.L2 where A indicates the sensor, the next four... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backslashes in Filenames

Using a small script, I automatically generated some text logs. The files ended being undownloadable, unopenable and undeletable. Upon further investigation, the files ended up looking like this: log\r log2\r log3\r I've tried a few different things, including double slashing before the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shepherdsflock
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

parsing filenames

How can I loose a part of the filename I want to drop the “_<Number>.sql” Below I have a listing of file names in a file Eg : CREDIT_DEL_033333.sql I want it to be CREDIT_DEL ATM_DEBIT_CARD_0999999.sql I want it to be ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating Filenames

Hi Folks, I'm looking for some ideas on how to change some file names. I'm pretty sure I need to use sed or awk but they still escape me. The files I have are like: VOD0615 NEW Blades R77307.pdf or VOD0615_NEW_Blades_R77307.pdf and what I want after processing is: R77307 NEW Blades.pdf ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

get filenames from log

Hi. I'm trying to get the names of files from a log file, without the path and special characters. I have a file that contains lines like this: '/path/to/files/file00010000070874.EXT' '/path/to/files/file00010000070875.EXT' '/path/to/files/file00010000070876.EXT'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hekm
4 Replies

8. Slackware

cp does not like filenames with accents?

Hi: mkisofs -graft-points -rational-rock -joliet -joliet-long -full-iso9660-filenames -iso-level 2 -o /tmp/image.iso STORE1/=/almacen/strauss In /almacen/strauss there are filenames containing not only spaces but accented characters as well. I burned the image to DVD, with the result that all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stf92
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get filenames without timestamp

Hi, In my previous post I looked for timestamp to be added to the filename https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/230603-how-append-timestamp-filenames-using-find.html Now how do I select those files that do not have timestamp in the filenames. I tried the following. My file has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing FileNames

Hi, Its been a long time since I've done any shell scripting and I need some help here. Thanks in advance... I need this as a bourne or csh script running under SCO. In a folder I have a list of Backup files named with "TarBackup plus a date and time component suffix" like this; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stanlyn
2 Replies
FILEMON(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						FILEMON(4)

NAME
filemon -- the filemon device SYNOPSIS
#include <dev/filemon/filemon.h> DESCRIPTION
The filemon device allows a process to collect file operations data of its children. The device /dev/filemon responds to two ioctl(2) calls. System calls are denoted using the following single letters: 'C' chdir(2) 'D' unlink(2) 'E' exec(2) 'F' fork(2), vfork(2) 'L' link(2), linkat(2), symlink(2), symlinkat(2) 'M' rename(2) 'R' open(2) for read 'S' stat(2) 'W' open(2) for write 'X' _exit(2) Note that 'R' following 'W' records can represent a single open(2) for R/W, or two separate open(2) calls, one for 'R' and one for 'W'. Note that only successful system calls are captured. IOCTLS
User mode programs communicate with the filemon driver through a number of ioctls which are described below. Each takes a single argument. FILEMON_SET_FD Write the internal tracing buffer to the supplied open file descriptor. FILEMON_SET_PID Child process ID to trace. RETURN VALUES
The ioctl() function returns the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. FILES
/dev/filemon EXAMPLES
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/wait.h> #include <sys/ioctl.h> #include <dev/filemon/filemon.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <err.h> #include <unistd.h> static void open_filemon(void) { pid_t child; int fm_fd, fm_log; if ((fm_fd = open("/dev/filemon", O_RDWR | O_CLOEXEC)) == -1) err(1, "open("/dev/filemon", O_RDWR)"); if ((fm_log = open("filemon.out", O_CREAT | O_WRONLY | O_TRUNC | O_CLOEXEC, DEFFILEMODE)) == -1) err(1, "open(filemon.out)"); if (ioctl(fm_fd, FILEMON_SET_FD, &fm_log) == -1) err(1, "Cannot set filemon log file descriptor"); if ((child = fork()) == 0) { child = getpid(); if (ioctl(fm_fd, FILEMON_SET_PID, &child) == -1) err(1, "Cannot set filemon PID"); /* Do something here. */ } else { wait(&child); close(fm_fd); } } Creates a file named filemon.out and configures the filemon device to write the filemon buffer contents to it. SEE ALSO
dtrace(1), ktrace(1), script(1), truss(1), ioctl(2) HISTORY
A filemon device appeared in FreeBSD 9.1. BSD
June 14, 2013 BSD