Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NIS server
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat NIS server Post 302621263 by vipinkumarr89 on Tuesday 10th of April 2012 06:06:33 AM
Old 04-10-2012
NIS server

After configuring the NIS server in my machine (RHEL 5.4)
i create two NIS users user1 and user2 and one local user

when i login to user1 and user2 from client machine i am not able to login

for login to user1 and user2 first i have to login to local user and then i am able to login to NIS users.

So, my question is to login through login screen directly, i dont want to take help of any local user.
ALL SUGGESTION ARE WELCOME!!Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing a replica server from NIS+

How can I remove a replica server from my NIS+ domain? From reading the man page, it looks like this will work nisrmdir -s hostname org_dir.domain.com. But it comes back with remove "org_dir.domain.com."? I am afraid that will remove all the tables associated with the domain, not just the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SUSE 9 and 10 NIS clients with RedHat 8.0 NIS server not working

We have a RedHat 8.0 NIS master, with a RedHat 8.0 NIS Slave. We also have a small number of SUSE 9.1 and SUSE 10 machines here for evaluation. However, no matter what i do, the SUSE machines will not talk to the NIS Servers. If i broadcast for NIS Servers for the specified NIS domain, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS server IP change

I am changing the IP on my NIS server. Are there any files that need to be changed on my other servers that are using NIS? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: calamine
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to configure a NIS client bound to the NIS server in another subnet?

Hi, all. I have a Solaris client here needs to bind to NIS server in another subnet. Following is the configuration i made on the client, 1) edit /etc/inet/hosts to add an entry of the NIS server -- nserver01 2) execute `domainname` to set local NIS domain to the domain of the NIS server.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sn_wukong
1 Replies

5. AIX

NIS server

Hi all, Kindly can help to config the NIS master server in AIX 5.3 ? Many Thanks. My procedure: smit yp -> Change NIS Domain Name of this Host smit yp -> Configure / Modify NIS -> Change / Show Characteristics of Master Server Configuration The "Current domain anme of this host" &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tyu
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to bind from a NIS slave server

Hi All, I have a client already binded with a NIS master server. Now, I want to bind this particular client to one of NIS slave. How to do it? Thanks, Deepak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

How to disable NIS server

Hi , I have HPUX system booted up in single user mode, can i disable NIS Server in this mode ? ---------- Post updated at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:35 AM ---------- Can i change network parameters in boot image directly . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How can I modify groups in an NIS Server?

How can I remove users in a certain group on a NIS server? Is there a yp command that does this? Thanks in advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ionrivera
1 Replies

9. Solaris

NIS Server Filesystem is full

Hey Guys, I need your help. My NIS server filesystem is 100%, the NIS is running under solaris 10. I am affraid if the server stops, it wont come up again. Please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrevicente
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Testing NIS slave server

Hi guys, In my Sol-10 i setup NIS server following the oracle doc and setup a Linux as NIS client all went ok. I added another Sol-10 and configure it as a NIS slave server following the oracle doc again. and added the server on the yp.conf on my NIS client How do i test if my NIS slave... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
3 Replies
CALIFE.AUTH(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    CALIFE.AUTH(5)

NAME
calife.auth -- format of the calife authorization file DESCRIPTION
The calife.auth files are files consisting of newline separated records, one per user, containing three colon (``:'') separated fields. These fields are as follows: name User's login name / @group. shell User's shell user1,user2,...,usern List of logins allowed for the user name The name field is the login used to access the computer account. The login name must never begin with a hyphen (``-''); also, it is strongly suggested that neither upper-case characters or dots (``.'') be part of the name, as this tends to confuse mailers. No field may contain a colon (``:'') as this has been used historically to separate the fields in the user database. One alternative syntax is to use @group to specify that any user in the given group is allowed to use calife to become root. The shell field is the command interpreter the user prefers. If there is nothing in the shell field, the user's current shell as found in the (/etc/passwd) file is assumed. If the shell field is '*', then the account is considered as locked and access is denied. If the third parameter is specified, it is assumed to be the list of login the current user has the right to become. It enables use of calife for non-root only accounts. calife.auth is placed in /etc. EXAMPLE
# calife.auth-dist # # Format # # name[:shell_to_be_run][:user1,user2,usern] # fcb roberto:/bin/tcsh pb::guest,blaireau SEE ALSO
calife(1), su(1) HISTORY
A calife.auth file format appeared in DG/UX and SunOS, written for Antenne 2 in 1991. It has evolved with the extra shell specification. The login list was reintroduced in 2.7. AUTHOR
Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net> BSD
September 25, 1994 BSD