Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: suppress RCS messages
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers suppress RCS messages Post 302616833 by 47shailesh on Sunday 1st of April 2012 05:41:41 PM
Old 04-01-2012
have you tried ci filename 1>/dev/null

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCS Question

I am a new user. Can anyone tell me where I can get documentation on the RCS feature? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Terry
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rcs,sccs

I am not really sure whether i am posting this question in the right forum.....Can someone tell me why I should go for a rational Clearcase version controller when I can use the version controllers 'rcs' or 'sccs' available in UNIX. I want to know the advantage of Rational over these two. Also, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Ghose
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rcs

does anyone know if RCS is part of UNIX? Does a copy come with all UNIX systesm? Is it a seperate program? Is it purchased? Or is RSC a freeware program downloaded for everyone to use? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtoba
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suppress error messages in script

I am getting the following upon cat a file which is not present in directory. "cat: cannot open test1.txt" I need to process files and I want that this message should be suppressed. thx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: helper2007
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Boot Problems, random messages [/etc/rcS: /etc/dfs/sharetab: cannot create]

Hello All, I have all of a sudden developed issues with booting up one of my Solaris Servers. Upon a routine reboot, I was faced with the following errors: Feb 1 07:56:44 sco1-au-tci scsi: WARNING: /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd0): Feb 1 07:56:44 sco1-au-tci Error for Command: read(10)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjtech
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCS Issue

Hi there, I am trying to utalise RCS on unix. I am including the following tags in my source code for RCS to populate based on rlog. #$Author:$ #$Log:$ Everything i have read on the "co" man page of RCS indicates that the lines from the Log will be populated in the source file using the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdoyle
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pine email tool suppress prompt to save read messages

Could somebody please advise about how to configure pine/alpine so that on exit it doesn't prompt me to save read messages? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeoKSimon
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh: How to suppress error messages.

Hallo, I wrote some script: 95% of the script's output consists of error messages like "mkdir: cannot create directory ‘final': File exists Exit 1" and "rm: No match. Exit 1". These messages are not harmful at all, but they make the output almost unreadable. How can I get rid of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanielDD
5 Replies
RCSDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							RCSDIFF(1)

NAME
rcsdiff - compare RCS revisions SYNOPSIS
rcsdiff [ -biwt ] [ -cefhn ] [ -rrev1 ] [ -rrev2 ] file ... DESCRIPTION
Rcsdiff runs diff (1) to compare two revisions of each RCS file given. A file name ending in ',v' is an RCS file name, otherwise a working file name. Rcsdiff derives the working file name from the RCS file name and vice versa, as explained in co (1). Pairs consisting of both an RCS and a working file name may also be specified. All options except -r have the same effect as described in diff(1). If both rev1 and rev2 are omitted, rcsdiff compares the latest revision on the trunk with the contents of the corresponding working file. This is useful for determining what you changed since the last checkin. If rev1 is given, but rev2 is omitted, rcsdiff compares revision rev1 of the RCS file with the contents of the corresponding working file. If both rev1 and rev2 are given, rcsdiff compares revisions rev1 and rev2 of the RCS file. Both rev1 and rev2 may be given numerically or symbolically. EXAMPLES
The command rcsdiff f.c runs diff on the latest trunk revision of RCS file f.c,v and the contents of working file f.c. IDENTIFICATION
Author: Walter F. Tichy, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, 47907. Revision Number: 1.2 ; Release Date: 86/05/19 . Copyright (C) 1982 by Walter F. Tichy. SEE ALSO
ci (1), co (1), diff (1), ident (1), rcs (1), rcsintro (1), rcsmerge (1), rlog (1), rcsfile (5). Walter F. Tichy, "Design, Implementation, and Evaluation of a Revision Control System," in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Software Engineering, IEEE, Tokyo, Sept. 1982. BUGS
Purdue University 5/19/86 RCSDIFF(1)