Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dsh command : Execution Problems with Cron Post 302615261 by smartrajusid on Thursday 29th of March 2012 10:31:43 AM
Old 03-29-2012
Hi zaxxon,

Thanks.i have used

Code:
entire/path/dsh -ea script.ksh

and it works fine.

in crontab Smilie

Last edited by zaxxon; 03-29-2012 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems using awk command.

Hi All, I have the following requirement. In a directory i get files from external source. I at regular intervals check that directory for any incoming files. The file name is underscore delimited. Such as: aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_eee_fff.dat I am using awk and and splitting the file name. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishpv_2002
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with comm command

I tried to compare two sorted files with comm command which contain floating values as: RECT 0 9.8 8.70 7.8 in first file & RECT 0 9.80 8.7 7.80 in second file. comm -3 first_file second_file should give a empty file but it does not. Is there a way to compare these two files correctly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
4 Replies

3. Programming

execution problems with cron

how to store a date into file? and how we can access date from the file? ---------- Post updated at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:08 AM ---------- how we can store date in file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: causalmodi777
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Execution Problems with Cron

Hi all!! I have a nerve-wracking concept (probably for me!!) which is not understood. My crontab entry looks this way. 33 09 22 3 * /home/myexp.sh "Bgp4 ALL" >/dev/null 2>&1 But cron gets started occasionally. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it does not. And sometimes it hangs in the middle (I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhivyasuresh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I have written a shell script to transfer files to a SFTP server passing the filername, source and dest directory as parameters and it runs well. :) I want to schedule this script to run periodically using a cron job. root@pingu # cat /etc/crontab SHELL=/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi friends, today i created a cron job , registered the crontab file associated but dont know why the cron is not getting executed at the right time.?? content of Crontab file : 21 15 * * * /subrat/myt i wanted to execute the script myt on 15:21 PM of everyday. the script myt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paras.oriental
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with cron

I am new to creating crontab file , i just wrote below (40 19 * 3 * /root/maths/practisecron.sh), the script just prints "Hi". When ever i save the above file i am getting this . # crontab -e crontab: installing new crontab Can you please check where it went wrong.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkiyv05
1 Replies

8. SuSE

Wall execution problems from cron

So I've been tasked with creating a shell script to run in a cron every few minutes to check duplex settings on my eth0 nic card. I would like for the server to send a wall message to whoever is on the console or in a terminal session. Below is what I have so far. 0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lutador72
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wall execution problems from cron

So I've been tasked with creating a shell script to run in a cron every few minutes to check duplex settings on my eth0 nic card. I would like for the server to send a wall message to whoever is on the console or in a terminal session. Below is what I have so far. 0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lutador72
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good evening, ive got this cron to be run: if i run this manually it doesnt work,it takes me to the prompt again /export/app/CO/opge/scr/Informe_parametros_colombia.ksh >/dev/null 2>&1 here is the code fragment: coopge@coopge: opge PRODUCCION>more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)