Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Mutt to use external mail server Post 302614839 by Paulwintech on Thursday 29th of March 2012 01:47:55 AM
Old 03-29-2012
Mutt to use external mail server

Hi,

Using mutt im triggering a mail with attachment to 2 different recipient. How can i use gmail/official mail server to send mails using mutt service only. kindly shed some idea

Script which i use now
SUBJECT="Mail from myserver"
EMAIL="user1@mail.com,other@mail.com"
EMAILMESSAGE="Mail from server"
mutt -s $SUBJECT -a $TMP/logs.tar.gz $EMAIL < $EMAILMESSAGE

Please guide me

Thanks
Paul

Last edited by Paulwintech; 03-29-2012 at 03:50 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem sending mail to an external domain

On one of our AIX servers, I'm having problems sending email to an external domain. I'm not a SYSADM and not sure how to troubleshoot this issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated. The following mail components are installed on the server $ lslpp -l bos.mh Fileset ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: voorkey
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix-mail to external websites/addresses

Hi all, I would like to know if I can send unix mail to 'external email addresses'. My unix server is leo@ABCcompany.com. I am able to send emails to firstname.lastname@ABCcompany.com. But, we have some email addresses in our team on our parent company's server - ex:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joy_K
2 Replies

3. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

[Solved] How do I configure Unix Mail Server to use another Mail Exchange Server

We have configured our mail unix server and can send out emails automatically from applications running on unix to different people in our company as well as outside our company. However there is an outside client who is not receiving these emails because the settings on their mail server cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending through an external e-mail account

Hi guys. After several Google hours, i've failed to find a solution to my problem, maybe my google skills arent that good - but i hope someone could help me figure this out. I'm running a ubuntu server 11.04 with postfix installed. I have installed Request tracker 4 and configured it to read... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spirm8
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

php code - Sending mail with external SMTP server

Here is the code: <?php //new function function loadini($path) { $fp = fopen($path, "r"); $fpcontents = fread($fp, filesize($path)); fclose($fp); return $fpcontents; } $to = "test@test.com"; $nameto = "notme"; $from = "test"; $namefrom = "Who From"; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use mutt or mail in different contexts - Linux or Unix

Hi All, I need to write a "portable" shell script that can send mail from Unix or Linux servers. In my server Linux I find mutt and I need to attach a file In my server Unix mutt is not present. Only mail/mailx. In this case for attaching a file I need to pipe the uuecode command. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gio123bgg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the sender's name or E-mail address in mutt command

Can any one help me in this ??? How to change sender's name or email address in Mutt command??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathi
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies