Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculate the calendar date since Jan 1, 2000 Post 302614021 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 07:26:47 AM
Old 03-28-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibodc
Thanks for the info I didn't realize. How do you call this Korn shell? Is it #! /usr/bin/korn
Also, how do you get the date in dd mmm yyyy format? For example 26 Mar 2012?
It depends on where the ksh executable is located on your platform and what it is called.

Typically it is
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

Here is how to get the date format you want:
Code:
printf "%(%d %b %Y)T\n" "Jan 1 2000 + 4444 days"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calendar date to Julian and Back

I need Unix, ksh scripts that will convert dates - Gregorian to Julian and Julian to Gregorian. Input for converting Gregorian to Julian would be in the form of CCYYMMDD with the output being CCYYDDD. Input for converting Julian to Gregorian would be CCYYDDD with the output being CCYYMMDD. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Derive date from a calendar

I'm using AutoSys as scheduler for my application. I maintain a calendar in AutoSys which specifies when a job should run. A unix shell scripts runs on the days spceified by calendar and processes incoming files. These incoming files contain dates embedded in the filenames. My job needs to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: autouser123
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate the date of next satureday of current date.

I want to calculate the date of next satureday of current date using shell script. Suppose, today is 27-feb-08 I want to get the date of next satureday, which means 01-mar-08, in the formate '' YYMMDD ". I do this in ksh.. Please tell me any type of command which help me out. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian date to Calendar date conversion

Hi all, I require to convert julian date to normal calander date in unix for eg julian date=122 now i want corresponding calander date ---------------------------------------- gr8 if give very small command/script and please explain the steps as well(imp) Thanks ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script Not working (calculate days since 1/1/2000 given day 4444)

I am unable to get this KSH script to work. Can someone help. I've been told this should work with KSH93. Which I think I have on Solaris 10. If I do a grep -i version /usr/dt/bin/dtksh I get @(#)Version M-12/28/93d @(#)Version 12/28/93 @(#)Version M-12/28/93 This is correct for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i compare two dates with format Jan 01, 2012 and Jan 00 2012

I need to be able to compare dates in the format of Jan 10, 2012 and Jan 10 2012. (Notice one has a comma). Then I need to find the date that is 7 days before those dates if they are equal. How can I do this in Bash. Thank ahead (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ojthejuice
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl one-liner to get yesterday's date in format dd-MMM-yy (i.e. 01-JAN-12)

I have the following perl one-liner to get yesterday's date, but I would like it in the form of dd-MMM-yy (for example: 01-JAN-12). Can someone alter the below code so I get the format I want? Also, could someone also give me a line for dd-Mmm-yy (for example 01-Jan-12)? Code: YEST=`perl -w... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date format from Jan 01 2015 11:00:00 PM to 01/01/2015 23.00.00

I need to change Date and time stamp format from Jan 01 2015 11:00:00 PM to 01/01/2015 23.00.00 Existing Format : Mon DD YYYY hh:mi:ss AM/PM (Jan 01 2015 11:00:00 PM) Expected Format: MM/DD/YYYY hh.mi.ss 24 hours (01/01/2015 23.00.00) I need to update enitire file where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esivaprasad
3 Replies

9. Linux

How to calculate the quarter end date according to the current date in shell script?

Hi, My question is how to calculate the quarter end date according to the current date in shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya_1234
2 Replies
sh(1)							      General Commands Manual							     sh(1)

NAME
sh - Shell, the standard command language interpreter DESCRIPTION
[Tru64 UNIX] Tru64 UNIX provides two command interpreters with the name sh. The XCU5.0 and POSIX.2 compliant command interpreter sh is available in the file /usr/bin/posix/sh and is described in the sh(1p) reference page. The Bourne shell, historically known as sh, is available in the file /usr/bin/sh and is described in the sh(1b) reference page. [Tru64 UNIX] Your initial, or login, shell is determined by your entry in the file /etc/passwd. This file can be changed only by your sys- tem administrator. You must use whatever procedures are in place at your location to have this entry changed. [Tru64 UNIX] If available on your system, you may use the passwd -s or the chsh commands to change your login shell. Note This option is not available if your site manages passwords through the Network Information Service (NIS) facility. Check with your system administrator. [Tru64 UNIX] Subsequent shells spawned from the initial shell depend on the value in the environment variable BIN_SH. If this variable is set to xpg4, the POSIX shell is started. If this variable is set to svr4, an SVR4 compliant version of the shell is started. If this vari- able is unset, the Bourne shell is started. If this variable is set to any other value, an error is reported and the results are unpre- dictable. See the EXAMPLES section for information on setting this variable. NOTES
[Tru64 UNIX] With Tru64 UNIX Version 4.0 the Korn shell, /usr/bin/ksh is the same as the POSIX shell /usr/bin/posix/sh. RESTRICTIONS
[Tru64 UNIX] The file /etc/shells must include entries for both the POSIX shell /usr/bin/posix/sh and the Bourne shell, /usr/bin/sh. If this file is incorrect, see your system administrator. EXAMPLES
Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the POSIX/ XCU5.0compliant shell, enter: BIN_SH=xpg4 export BIN_SH Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the SVR4 compliant shell, enter: BIN_SH=svr4 export BIN_SH Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to unset the variable BIN_SH, enter: unset BIN_SH Using the C/ shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the POSIX/XCU5.0 compliant shell, enter: setenv BIN_SH xpg4 Using the C/ shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the SVR4 compliant shell, enter: setenv BIN_SH svr4 Using the C/ shell, to unset the variable BIN_SH, enter: unsetenv BIN_SH FILES
User profile. Contains user information, including the login shell name. Contains the names of available and permitted shells. SEE ALSO
Commands: csh(1), ksh(1), Bourne shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p), passwd(1) Files: passwd(4), shells(4) Standards: standards(5) sh(1)