Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Having trouble with a few beginner csh scripts Post 302612435 by balajesuri on Monday 26th of March 2012 12:33:20 AM
Old 03-26-2012
1. Try using switch-case.
2. To return back to main menu, put the whole thing in an infinite while-loop with an additional case to exit from loop.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help. I am a beginner.

Alrigt, I need to write a shell script where it counts the number of folders and files and dispays "My home directory has 'x' files and 'y' directories." So, I was thinking of doing this. set x = `ls | wc` so, if I have 8 files and folders in my home directory, x is not 8. now, I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lykathea Aflame
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

alternate to set -x in csh scripts

hi all i want to debug a csh script and i give set -x for that but i get an error. is there any command similar to set -x for csh scripts? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner looking for help

Hello, I am trying to write a script that reads names from a file called input, removes names if they have the same letter next to each other and prints the others. e.g. Colin & John would be printed Garry & Lynn would be removed My thinking is that I read in each name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: colinireland
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running CSh scripts in Bash

Hi, I have some csh scripts and I want to run them in .bashrc. I use these techniques without any success: . test.csh or csh test.csh The first one assumed that the scripts is a bash script, so showed me errors. The second one finished without giving proper result. Can anybody offer... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameters from perl to csh scripts

I use csh a lot but I don't really write csh scripts. Now I have a need to implement a security check (written in perl; verify an user input security code) into a csh script. Here is the senario: #csh 1. call the perl script 2. if the perl script returns 'true', pass on; if the perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Julian16
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

trouble executing a command in csh

Hi All!! I am having trouble in executing the following command into a c-shell script. mv "$file" "$(head -1 "$file")" The funny thing is that the same command works perfectly from the command line, but when incorporated into a "foreach loop" of a c-shell script, it shows an error -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chen.xiao.po
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debugging csh scripts!?

:wall: So I have to debug some csh scripts, which to me seems like the most painful task period. So far I 'echo' in different places to get an idea of whats going on. I also know the 'csh -x script' command, BUT what do I do when inside that script there is another scipt that is run (this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
0 Replies
Net::SIP::Dispatcher::Eventloop(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Net::SIP::Dispatcher::Eventloop(3pm)

NAME
Net::SIP::Dispatcher::Eventloop - simple event loop for Net::SIP::Dispatcher SYNOPSIS
my $loop = Net::SIP::Dispatcher::Eventloop->new; $loop->addFD( $fd, $callback ); $loop->add_timer( 10,$callback ); $loop->loop; DESCRIPTION
The package implements a simple event loop. It's not optimized for speed but it is provided as a simple implementation in case the users application does not has an event loop yet. Because the eventloop object can be given in the constructor of Net::SIP::Dispatcher you might provide an alternative implementation, which implemented the described methods. CONSTRUCTOR
new Creates new event loop, returns created object METHODS
addFD ( HANDLE, CALLBACK, ?NAME ) Adds file handle HANDLE to the event loop, so that CALLBACK gets triggered if HANDLE is readable. CALLBACK is a callback accepted by invoke_callback in Net::SIP::Util. The callback will be invoked with HANDLE as an additional argument. NAME can be used to aid debugging, it will be shown in the debug messages once the FD gets ready. If there was already a callback for HANDLE it gets replaced by the new one. IMPORTANT NOTE: CALLBACK gets triggered if HANDLE *is* readable inside the loop, not if HANDLE *gets* readable. Unlike with Event::Lib or similar the CALLBACK is not triggered by the edge, but by the level (like poll(2) or select(2)). So if 2 bytes come in at the handle and one reads only 1 byte in the callback the callback gets triggered again for more data. You have to watch this, if you want to integrate Net::SIP with your existing event loop. delFD ( HANDLE ) Removes HANDLE from loop, e.g. no more checking for readability will be done. add_timer( WHEN, CALLBACK, [ REPEAT ] ) Adds timer which gets triggered at WHEN or "now + WHEN". Depending on the value of WHEN it gets interpreted as the number of seconds since 1970-01-01 (when it's really big) or as a relative time (when it's not that big). WHEN can be floating point for subseconds resolution. CALLBACK is a callback accepted by invoke_callback in Net::SIP::Util. It gets invoked with the timer object (see later) as an additional argument, which has a method cancel for canceling the (repeating) timer. REPEAT is the number of seconds between each invocation of the timer. If greater then 0 (subsection resulution possible) the callback will be called each REPEAT seconds, after it was called the first time at WHEN. The method will return an object which has a method cancel which can be used to cancel the timer before it gets triggered (or gets triggered the next time in case of repeating timers). looptime Returns the current loop time in subseconds resolution (using gettimeofday from Time::HiRes). This is not the current time, but the time, when the last event in the loop occured (e.g. when the select(2) call returned) loop ( [ TIMEOUT, @STOPVAR ] ) The main loop, e.g. continuiosly checks timers and file handles for the events and calls callbacks. If TIMEOUT is given it will run the loop for at most TIMEOUT seconds, then the method will return. Undefined TIMEOUT means that it will never return because of timeout and TIMEOUT of 0 means that it will check all timers and handles only once and then return. @STOPVAR is a list of scalar references. These scalars are expected to be changed from the callbacks, so it will check after each loop cycle, e.g. after all callbacks are called (timers and handles) if any of these scalars is TRUE, in which case it will end the loop. The behavior with STOPVAR cannot be found in most existing event loops. If you want to integrate Net::SIP with your own event loop you migth simply wrap all callbacks given in addFD and add_timer in another callback which at the end checks the stopvars and terminates the 3rd-party loop in a loop-specific way. perl v5.14.2 2009-01-23 Net::SIP::Dispatcher::Eventloop(3pm)