Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Character Find and replace in Unix or Perl Post 302609705 by parthmittal2007 on Tuesday 20th of March 2012 10:19:21 AM
Old 03-20-2012
This is a single line command any script if possible
This will a extra file which is not needed.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parentheses in perl find/replace

I'm trying to use the following command to do a batch find and replace in all commonly named files through a file hierarchy find . -name 'file' |xargs perl -pi -e 's/find/replace/g' which works fine except for a substitution involving parenthesis. As a specific example I'm trying to sub... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeffish
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace character in a string

Hi all, My problem is the following: I've a script that must list all files in a directory and write this information in a text file. I've tried to get the list through ls command and then write it using msgecho msgecho "`ls $PATH_APS_JOB_ORA`" This works good but the created string... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: callimaco0082
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a character

Hi Team, i have 1st cloumn of data containing, LAMSBA01-BA-COFF-YTD LAMSBA01-BA-COFF-ITD LAMSBA01-BA-AGGR-IND . LAMSBA01-BA-CURR-COFF-BAL i need to replace the "-" to "_" (underscore) using AWK . please help me on this. Thanks, Baski (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskivs
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl find and replace

Hi, Please could someone advise, how I can resolve this issue with my find and replace command : perl -i -npe "s#RLM_LICENSE.*#RLM_LICENSE=$TEAM_TOP/licenses/abc.demo.lic#;" environment.properties $TEAM_TOP is an environment varible within my system. when i run this perl command from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fettie
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace a particular character in perl

Hi, I have a file with two string : aa_bb_cc_def gg_hh_jj_xyz now i want a command in perl script, which gives me the result as : aa_bb_cc.def gg_hh_jj.xyz Can anyone help me on this plz.. thanks in advane. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arup1980
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How replace -- character in perl

Hi All, I am having below issue could anybody help me. $x= SELECT * FROM EMP --xyz this change is done in q2; I want delete the charchters from -- to till the end. I want $x to be $x= SELECT * FROM EMP; Thanks, Vijay G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvk25
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find character and Replace character for given position

Hi, i want find the character '-' in a file from position 284-298, if it occurs i need to replace it with 'O ' for the position in the file. How to do that using SED command. thanks in advance, Sara (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara183
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find and replace till nth occurence of a special character

Hi, I have a requirement to search for a pattern in each line in a file and remove the in between words till the 3rd occurrence of double quote ("). Ex: CREATE TABLE "SCHEMANAME"."AMS_LTV_STATUS" (Note: "SCHEMANAME" may changes for different schemas. Its not a fixed value) I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace, perl code

Hi, Can somebody tell whats wrong with "find and replace perl code". I wanted to find "\n".write(status,data" and replace with "\n",data" in multipls files. #!/usr/bin/perl my @files = <*.c>; foreach $fileName (@files) { print "$fileName\n"; my $searchStr0 =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace single character w/awk given conditions

I have a file that looks like this: 14985 DPN verb PPa to spend. 12886 DPNDJN bay tree. 15686 DQ verb to observe 15656 KC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
7 Replies
eval(n) 						       Tcl Built-In Commands							   eval(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
eval - Evaluate a Tcl script SYNOPSIS
eval arg ?arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Eval takes one or more arguments, which together comprise a Tcl script containing one or more commands. Eval concatenates all its argu- ments in the same fashion as the concat command, passes the concatenated string to the Tcl interpreter recursively, and returns the result of that evaluation (or any error generated by it). Note that the list command quotes sequences of words in such a way that they are not further expanded by the eval command. EXAMPLES
Often, it is useful to store a fragment of a script in a variable and execute it later on with extra values appended. This technique is used in a number of places throughout the Tcl core (e.g. in fcopy, lsort and trace command callbacks). This example shows how to do this using core Tcl commands: set script { puts "logging now" lappend $myCurrentLogVar } set myCurrentLogVar log1 # Set up a switch of logging variable part way through! after 20000 set myCurrentLogVar log2 for {set i 0} {$i<10} {incr i} { # Introduce a random delay after [expr {int(5000 * rand())}] update ;# Check for the asynch log switch eval $script $i [clock clicks] } Note that in the most common case (where the script fragment is actually just a list of words forming a command prefix), it is better to | use {*}$script when doing this sort of invocation pattern. It is less general than the eval command, and hence easier to make robust in | practice. The following procedure acts in a way that is analogous to the lappend command, except it inserts the argument values at the start of the list in the variable: proc lprepend {varName args} { upvar 1 $varName var # Ensure that the variable exists and contains a list lappend var # Now we insert all the arguments in one go set var [eval [list linsert $var 0] $args] } However, the last line would now normally be written without eval, like this: | set var [linsert $var 0 {*}$args] | SEE ALSO
catch(n), concat(n), error(n), interp(n), list(n), namespace(n), subst(n), tclvars(n), uplevel(n) KEYWORDS
concatenate, evaluate, script Tcl eval(n)