Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text Formatting using printf[ksh] Post 302609289 by Corona688 on Monday 19th of March 2012 03:28:41 PM
Old 03-19-2012
Put the variable in quotes. "$a"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

printf command in ksh

Hi, I am very confused with my printf command. Somehow one variable can't line up with others... newstart2 ="Mon Nov 11 01 00:00:00 2002" printf "%-20s" $newstart2 Here is the output: Mon Nov 11 01 00:00:00 2002 It spread out to two lines.. Why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cin2000
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH printf: columns and colors

Ih all, I need to make a ksh script with colors, it is possible with printf to combine column and colors ? i seem not working, I think i dont doing the good thing: printf -n "%-15s %-20s %-20s\n" "\033 the position is ok Name______Age________Site ----________---_________---- Bob... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk printf formatting using string format specifier.

Hi all, My simple AWK code does C = A - B If C can be a negative number, how awk printf formating handles it using string format specifier. Thanks in advance Kanu :confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting date in ksh

hi all, in ksh, how do i format date so it includes hour and minute ?? i am trying the following command : date +%Om/%Od/%Oy%OH:%M but it displays the hour and minute concatenated with the day/month/year e.g 12/10/0814:08 when i want the output to be 12/10/08 14:08 i tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help formatting a string. Something like printf?

Hi I'm having a problem with converting a file: ID X 1 7 1 8 1 3 2 5 2 7 2 2 To something like this: ID X1 X2 X3 1 7 8 3 2 5 7 2 I've tried the following loop: for i in `cat tst.csv| awk -F "," '{print $1}'| uniq`;do grep -h $i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flotsam
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printf formatting

Is there a way to make these 2 numbers - $482477.37 and $1875000.00 look like $482,477.37 and $1,875,000.00 with printf? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String formatting using awk printf

Hi Friends, I am trying to insert lines of the below format in a file: # x3a4914 Joe 2010/04/07 # seh Lane 2010/04/07 # IN01379 Larry 2010/04/07 I am formatting the strings as follows using awk printf: awk 'printf "# %s %9s %18s\n", $2,$3,$4}' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

\n in ksh using echo & printf

#!/usr/bin/ksh var1="Hi World" var2="Morning" var3=$(echo "$var1" \n "$var2") echo $var3 var3=$(printf "$var1 \n $var2") echo $var3 Output Any way to get in my $var3 ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dahlia84
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with printf in UNIX KSH shell

Hi ALL, I am using SunOS 5.9 and KSH(bin/ksh) The problem am facing is error message diaplyed on screen printf: 12099415.79 not completely converted printf: + expected numeric value printf: 11898578.29 not completely converted When i try printing with The output is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
6 Replies

10. Programming

Passing printf formatting parameters as variables

Hi, I haven't programed in C in a few years. I have been doing a lot of shell scripting, I.E. not really programming anything heavy. :o That said, I have a script that gives hourly usage statistics for our email server. It runs w-a-y to slow as a script for my impatience, and needs to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
7 Replies
SDL_WasInit(3)							 SDL API Reference						    SDL_WasInit(3)

NAME
SDL_WasInit - Check which subsystems are initialized SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" Uint32 SDL_WasInit(Uint32 flags); DESCRIPTION
SDL_WasInit allows you to see which SDL subsytems have been initialized. flags is a bitwise OR'd combination of the subsystems you wish to check (see SDL_Init for a list of subsystem flags). RETURN VALUE
SDL_WasInit returns a bitwised OR'd combination of the initialized subsystems. EXAMPLES
/* Here are several ways you can use SDL_WasInit() */ /* Get init data on all the subsystems */ Uint32 subsystem_init; subsystem_init=SDL_WasInit(SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING); if(subsystem_init&SDL_INIT_VIDEO) printf("Video is initialized. "); else printf("Video is not initialized. "); /* Just check for one specfic subsystem */ if(SDL_WasInit(SDL_INIT_VIDEO)!=0) printf("Video is initialized. "); else printf("Video is not initialized. "); /* Check for two subsystems */ Uint32 subsystem_mask=SDL_INIT_VIDEO|SDL_INIT_AUDIO; if(SDL_WasInit(subsystem_mask)==subsystem_mask) printf("Video and Audio initialized. "); else printf("Video and Audio not initialized. "); SEE ALSO
SDL_Init, SDL_Subsystem SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 23:00 SDL_WasInit(3)