Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh: how to extract strings from each line based on a condition Post 302607453 by Corona688 on Wednesday 14th of March 2012 12:49:04 PM
Old 03-14-2012
Provisionally reopened on request since it may not actually be homework, the data is intentionally simplified and obscured compared to the real data.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract multiple strings from a line

Hi I have the following requirement. i have the following line from a log file one : two : Three : four : five : six : seven : eight :nine :ten Now can you pls help what i should do to get only the following output from the above line two : five : six : seven : Eight appreciate your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_eme
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract xml tag based on condition

Hi All, I have a large xml file of invoices. The file looks like below: <INVOICES> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME> <INVOICE_NO>1234</INVOICE_NO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME> <INVOICE_NO>2345</INVOICE_NO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Line and Column from CSV Line in ksh or bash format

Hi, I was doing some research and can't seem to find anything. I'm trying to automate a process by creating a script to read a csv line and column and assigning that value to a variable for the script to process it. Also if you could tell me the line and column if it's on another work ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh : Building an array based on condition result

I want to build an Errorlog. I would like to build an array as I move through the if statements and print the array once all error conditions have been defined. The results need to be comma delimited. tsver will be static "1.9.6(2)" other vars $prit $lt $rt can have the same or a different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi line extraction based on condition

Hi I have some data in a file as below ****************************** Class 1A Students absent are : 1. ABC 2. CDE 3. CPE ****************************** Class 2A Students absent are : ****************************** Class 3A Students absent are : (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract strings based on the value

I have a file with multiple columns (in this case, the file has 3 columns): NM_001006304 (-33.7) XM_418228 (-38.4) JN880447 (-33.7) CR387600 (-33.7) CR524203 (-36.3) GALGA_6AKII_KRT75 (-33.7) GALGA25_SC7 (-31.9) CR352795 (-36.3) NM_204172 (-31.7) NM_204137 (-31.9) NM_001030561 (-36.3) AB011672... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuejian
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines based on line number and specified condition

Hi, I have a file like below. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9I would like to print or copied to a file based of line count in perl If I gave a condition 1 to 3 then it should iterate over above file and print 1 to 3 and then again 1 to 3 etc. output should be 1,2,3 4,5,6 7,8,9 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract batch based on condition

HI, I have a file as mentioned below. Here one batch is for one user id.Batch starts from |T row and ends at .T row. I want to create a new file by reading this file. The condition is for record 10(position 1-2), if position 3 to position 17 is 0 then delete the entire batch and write into the new... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi.mit32
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple strings from line

Hello I have an output that has a string between quotes and another between square brackets on the same line. I need to extract these 2 strings Example line Device "nrst3a" attributes=(0x4) RAW SERIAL_NUMBER=SNL2 Output should look like nrst3a VD073AV1443BVW00083 I was trying with sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on condition in awk

In the following tab-delimited input, I am checking $7 for the keyword intronic. If that keyword is found then $2 is split by the . in each line and if the string after the digits or the +/- is >10, then that line is deleted. This will always be the case for intronic. If $7 is exonic then nothing... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies
XVisibilityEvent(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					       XVisibilityEvent(3)

NAME
XVisibilityEvent - VisibilityNotify event structure STRUCTURES
The structure for VisibilityNotify events contains: typedef struct { int type; /* VisibilityNotify */ unsigned long serial; /* # of last request processed by server */ Bool send_event; /* true if this came from a SendEvent request */ Display *display; /* Display the event was read from */ Window window; int state; } XVisibilityEvent; When you receive this event, the structure members are set as follows. The type member is set to the event type constant name that uniquely identifies it. For example, when the X server reports a GraphicsEx- pose event to a client application, it sends an XGraphicsExposeEvent structure with the type member set to GraphicsExpose. The display member is set to a pointer to the display the event was read on. The send_event member is set to True if the event came from a SendEvent protocol request. The serial member is set from the serial number reported in the protocol but expanded from the 16-bit least-significant bits to a full 32-bit value. The window member is set to the window that is most useful to toolkit dispatchers. The window member is set to the window whose visibility state changes. The state member is set to the state of the window's visibility and can be VisibilityUnobscured, VisibilityPartiallyObscured, or VisibilityFullyObscured. The X server ignores all of a window's subwindows when determining the visibility state of the window and processes VisibilityNotify events according to the following: o When the window changes state from partially obscured, fully obscured, or not viewable to viewable and completely unobscured, the X server generates the event with the state member of the XVisibilityEvent structure set to VisibilityUnobscured. o When the window changes state from viewable and completely unobscured or not viewable to viewable and partially obscured, the X server generates the event with the state member of the XVisibilityEvent structure set to VisibilityPartiallyObscured. o When the window changes state from viewable and completely unobscured, viewable and partially obscured, or not viewable to viewable and fully obscured, the X server generates the event with the state member of the XVisibilityEvent structure set to VisibilityFullyOb- scured. SEE ALSO
XAnyEvent(3), XButtonEvent(3), XCreateWindowEvent(3), XCirculateEvent(3), XCirculateRequestEvent(3), XColormapEvent(3), XConfigureEvent(3), XConfigureRequestEvent(3), XCrossingEvent(3), XDestroyWindowEvent(3), XErrorEvent(3), XExposeEvent(3), XFocusChangeEvent(3), XGraphicsEx- poseEvent(3), XGravityEvent(3), XKeymapEvent(3), XMapEvent(3), XMapRequestEvent(3), XPropertyEvent(3), XReparentEvent(3), XResiz- eRequestEvent(3), XSelectionClearEvent(3), XSelectionEvent(3), XSelectionRequestEvent(3), XUnmapEvent(3), Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.3.2 XVisibilityEvent(3)