Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers System snmp service is unavailable Post 302604463 by mena on Monday 5th of March 2012 06:46:48 AM
Old 03-05-2012
# /etc/init.d/snmpd stop
done
# /etc/init.d/snmpd start
done
# ps -ef|grep snmp
root 2557 1744 0 12:43 pts/0 00:00:00 grep snmp
# rpm -V net.snmp
package net.snmp is not installed

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I add my own service when system startup?

Hi All, My OS is redhat 7.1. How can I start my own service (e.g. simple scripts) when the system is started? I found something like /etc/rc.d, /etc/rc.init ... But I have no idea on them, have anyone can help me? regards wilson (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.3: Start Service on System startup

Hi, I'm new to AIX, and have to make some services start at system startup. The IBM-Redbook says I have to edit /etc/inittab. As a long time (Debian)-Linux Admin I'm a bit confused. Is there something like /etc/init.d/$SERVICE in AIX? Greetings, Dennis (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dennis.kuehl
1 Replies

3. SCO

Disable the SNMP Service

Dear All, Kindly guide how to Disable the SNMP Service on sco unix release 5.0 Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP OID for System Status LED's

I am trying to locate the proper MIB and OID location, to determine if the system attention light is on IBM-702x servers running 5.x. Currently, we get this on our Blade Centers Management Modules at location: 1.3.6.1.4.1.2.3.51.2.2.8.2.1.1.7.xx were xx is the actual Blade number. A value of 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stamfdf
0 Replies

5. AIX

SNMP service

dear how can i disable the SNMP service in AIX 6.1 . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection

Solaris 10 Server refuse to connect :wall: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection , refuse error, disconnect message, fatal error type2, (protocol error type2) Issue has been resolved after taken few steps :b: First of all need to check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taherahmed
1 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP responses failing under high system load

Greetings, I've got a Zenoss v2.5 server monitoring a large video encoding farm. Needless to say, these systems are under high bandwidth and CPU utilization the majority of the time. What I'm running into is that, occasionally, these systems will fail to respond to a standard SNMP request,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Karunamon
1 Replies

8. Linux

Apt-get update wont run and gives 503 service unavailable error

Hi, I am running on Ubuntu 12 (precise) 64 bit and came to know that i cannot install any packages using apt-get and aptitude. Linux test01 3.5.0-23-generic #35~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 25 17:13:26 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux But the same /etc/apt/sources.list file is... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
20 Replies

9. Solaris

Cannot get sma (net-snmp) service to start.

Hey everyone, so I recently installed sma and disabled snmpdx for system monitoring in Solarwinds on 7 Oracle servers running Solaris 10. It was running just fine until we had to shutdown all systems and power back up (hurricane). Since then I cannot get the sma service to start, it goes into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zeus18
4 Replies
WMANAGER(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       WMANAGER(1)

NAME
wmanager -- choose a window manager and launch it SYNOPSIS
wmanager [OPTIONS ...] DESCRIPTION
The wmanager program displays a choice of the window managers listed in the ~/.wmanagerrc file. When one is picked, the related command is written to standard output, intended to be used by shell scripts. If the program is exited without choosing a window manager, ``-1'' is written to standard output. -fg COLOR Set the foreground color. -bg COLOR Set the background color. -bg2 COLOR Set the widget background color -di[splay] host:n.n Set the X display. -dn[d], -nod[nd] Enable/disable drag & drop, probably does nothing. -g[eometry] WxH+X+Y Set the window size and location. -i[conic] Start as iconified. -k[bd], -nok[bd] Enable/disable keyboard support. -na[me] CLASSNAME Set the X window class. -s[cheme] SCHEME Unknown, probably does nothing useful. -ti[tle] WINDOWTITLE Set the window title. -to[oltips], -not[ooltips] Enable/disable tooltips, probably does nothing. EXAMPLE
To start using wmanager, create a ~/.wmanagerrc file - generally with wmanagerrc-update(1) - and add something like the following at the end of your ~/.xsession file: WM="$(wmanager -geometry +570+585)" ... exec $WM See also wmanager-loop(1) for a nicer way to start wmanager. SEE ALSO
wmanager(1), wmanager-loop(1), wmanagerrc-update(1), X(7x) HISTORY
The wmanager program was written by Meik Tessmer in 1999. This manual page was originally written in perldoc format by Tommi Virtanen in 2000, and converted to mdoc format by Peter Pentchev in 2008. AUTHORS
The wmanager program - Meik Tessmer <fuller@daemogorgon.net>. The manual page - Tommi Virtanen <tv@debian.org> and Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>. BSD
May 22, 2008 BSD