Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help me fixing event handling in csh on AIX Post 302604124 by sraj142 on Saturday 3rd of March 2012 07:24:32 AM
Old 03-03-2012
Question Help me fixing event handling in csh on AIX

Hi All,

I have problem with a csh script. This script simply search for a certail process id and kill that using simple kill -5 <pid>. Everything is okay untill there is valid process id trapped. But if the process id is already cleaned before the execution of the kill command, but script ends saying the pid not found.
Is there any mechanism, I can apply to force the script not to exit from the shell and keep in loop for the next one even the process id is not found ?

Regards
sraj142

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Handling User Id Change in AIX

Hi, I have a query that suppose the first or last name of the user changes and we need to change its userid for aix too. Then in that case how do we handle this scenario??I guess we can't change the user id so we should re-create the new id and associate all the data of the old id. But I donno... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tintin@10
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need help with <join> command in csh

Hi All, I need your hand to resolve an issue I am facing with a join command in one of the script. Please see the 3 files attached where file1 and file2 are the two files I am passing to the join command written in the command file. Prior to calling the join I am also sorting both the files on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sraj142
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System event on AIX

Hi, on AIX 6, are the system events historicized ? I want to know how was the performance on 18th of march. Is there any way ? thanks and regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String operation in csh AIX 4.3.2.0

Hi to everybody i stuck on a simple thing i had a string and i want cut it , i try already few thing with the cut command but does not the way it should. The script is in csh and running on AIX 4.3.2.0 here are few samples how the string can look like FT71;1;1;1;;;1;31.01.2017... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadielosabra
9 Replies

6. AIX

Cannot send syslog event from AIX 6.1 to RHEL Syslog server

Hi everyone, I am trying to configure AIX 6.1 using syslogd to send syslog event to syslog server configured on RHEL. However, RHEL never receives the events. I have tried to redirect the syslog event on AIX to a local file and successful. Only forwarding to remote server fails. Firewall... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael_hoang
10 Replies
kill.d(1m)							   USER COMMANDS							kill.d(1m)

NAME
kill.d - snoop process signals as they occur. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
kill.d DESCRIPTION
kill.d is a simple DTrace program to print details of process signals as they are sent, such as the PID source and destination, signal num- ber and result. This program can be used to determine which process is sending signals to which other process. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
Default output, print process signals as they are sent. # kill.d FIELDS
FROM source PID COMMAND source command name TO destination PID SIG destination signal ("9" for a kill -9) RESULT result of signal (-1 is for failure) DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
kill.d will run forever until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 0.90 May 14, 2005 kill.d(1m)