Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Logical expression in POSIX compliant Korn Shell Post 302603004 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 29th of February 2012 12:44:43 AM
Old 02-29-2012
Your shell may not be POSIX compliant. What ksh are you using? pdksh? On what system?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logical AND in shell commands

Hi:confused:, I have a file that contains : +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ LABEL: super1_fix EFIX FILES: 1 ABSTRACT: epkg for touch command PRE-REQUISITES: no PACKAGER VERSION: 7 REBOOT REQUIRED: no BUILD BOOT... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Logical Expression in an AWK statement

I'm would to create a script that would give me the results below. Please note the spaces in the log file are actually commas(",".) Log file Data 0:00 21:15 899 43 31 12 25.39 0:00 21:20 736 34 19 15 35.39 0:00 21:20 776 41 28 13 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravzter
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested logical expression in bash shell

Please tell me how to nest logical expressions in bash. I would like to nest logical expressions for arguments of the "test" command on bash. The following pseudo-code shows my intention. // pseudo code if (exp1 AND (exp2 OR exp3)) { Output true; } else { Output false; } ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command substitution inside of a variable expression (AIX, KORN)

Hello all. This is my first post/question on this site. I’m a new Systems Analyst with previous experience with BASH. Although now I'm using AIX, and I’m trying to get a feel for the Korn shell (for those of you that don’t know AIX only uses the KORN shell). I hope I put this into the correct... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydox
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logical OR in shell script

I have code as follows to perform some validations on C++ and Javascript files: if || || ; then However, when I want to add other extensions as well, say "py" or "sql", then the repeated OR starts to look contrived. I know I can use the -o operator to abbreviate the code a little bit, but... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is Rule 7 of POSIX shell grammar rules written correctly?

The POSIX shell standard grammar rules are at Shell Command Language I am trying to understand Rule 7 and I don't. I think there may be some mistakes there. I am not complaining about the standard; rather, I am concerned that my perception is wrong, and I don't understand something important.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark_Galeck
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pure POSIX shell scripting...

Hi all... This is more of a concensus question than help... As many of you know I am experimenting with the limitations of Pure POSIX shell scripting. Q: Is the directory /bin considered part of the Pure POSIX shell or must I stick entirely with the builtins only? The reason is I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Equivalent to let command in POSIX shell

Hi all, I am learning POSIX shell programming, and the book I read, uses the let command for integer arithmetic. I have downloaded and use the shellcheck program on Linux. This programs says: In POSIX sh, 'let' is undefined. See the screenshot attached. What is the POSIX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnprogrammer
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Q: Is SQRT(n) possible in a POSIX compliant shell? A: Yes within limits.

Hi all... This is just a fun project to see if it is possible to get a square root of a positive integer from 1 to 9200000 to 6 decimal places on a 64 bit architecture machine. It is coded around dash and the results show the values from 0 to 10000. Complex numbers can easily be catered for by... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Generate a random number in a fully POSIX compliant shell, 'dash'...

Hi all... Apologies for any typos, etc... This took a while but it didn't beat me... Although there are many methods of generating random numbers in a POSIX shell this uses integer maths and a simple C source to create an executable to get epoch to microseconds accuracy if it is needed. I take... (8 Replies)
8 Replies
MYSQLI_STMT_BIND_PARAM(3)						 1						 MYSQLI_STMT_BIND_PARAM(3)

mysqli_stmt::bind_param - Binds variables to a prepared statement as parameters

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
bool mysqli_stmt::bind_param (string $types, mixed &$var1, [mixed &$...]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool mysqli_stmt_bind_param (mysqli_stmt $stmt, string $types, mixed &$var1, [mixed &$...]) Bind variables for the parameter markers in the SQL statement that was passed to mysqli_prepare(3). Note If data size of a variable exceeds max. allowed packet size (max_allowed_packet), you have to specify b in $types and use mysqli_stmt_send_long_data(3) to send the data in packets. Note Care must be taken when using mysqli_stmt_bind_param(3) in conjunction with call_user_func_array(3). Note that mysqli_stmt_bind_param(3) requires parameters to be passed by reference, whereas call_user_func_array(3) can accept as a parameter a list of variables that can represent references or values. PARAMETERS
o $ stmt -Procedural style only: A statement identifier returned by mysqli_stmt_init(3). o $types - A string that contains one or more characters which specify the types for the corresponding bind variables: Type specification chars +----------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Character | | | | | | | Description | | | | +----------+---------------------------------------------------+ | i | | | | | | | corresponding variable has type integer | | | | | d | | | | | | | corresponding variable has type double | | | | | s | | | | | | | corresponding variable has type string | | | | | b | | | | | | | corresponding variable is a blob and will be sent | | | in packets | | | | +----------+---------------------------------------------------+ o $var1 - The number of variables and length of string $types must match the parameters in the statement. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $mysqli = new mysqli('localhost', 'my_user', 'my_password', 'world'); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } $stmt = $mysqli->prepare("INSERT INTO CountryLanguage VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)"); $stmt->bind_param('sssd', $code, $language, $official, $percent); $code = 'DEU'; $language = 'Bavarian'; $official = "F"; $percent = 11.2; /* execute prepared statement */ $stmt->execute(); printf("%d Row inserted. ", $stmt->affected_rows); /* close statement and connection */ $stmt->close(); /* Clean up table CountryLanguage */ $mysqli->query("DELETE FROM CountryLanguage WHERE Language='Bavarian'"); printf("%d Row deleted. ", $mysqli->affected_rows); /* close connection */ $mysqli->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = mysqli_connect('localhost', 'my_user', 'my_password', 'world'); /* check connection */ if (!$link) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } $stmt = mysqli_prepare($link, "INSERT INTO CountryLanguage VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)"); mysqli_stmt_bind_param($stmt, 'sssd', $code, $language, $official, $percent); $code = 'DEU'; $language = 'Bavarian'; $official = "F"; $percent = 11.2; /* execute prepared statement */ mysqli_stmt_execute($stmt); printf("%d Row inserted. ", mysqli_stmt_affected_rows($stmt)); /* close statement and connection */ mysqli_stmt_close($stmt); /* Clean up table CountryLanguage */ mysqli_query($link, "DELETE FROM CountryLanguage WHERE Language='Bavarian'"); printf("%d Row deleted. ", mysqli_affected_rows($link)); /* close connection */ mysqli_close($link); ?> The above examples will output: 1 Row inserted. 1 Row deleted. SEE ALSO
mysqli_stmt_bind_result(3), mysqli_stmt_execute(3), mysqli_stmt_fetch(3), mysqli_prepare(3), mysqli_stmt_send_long_data(3), mysqli_stmt_errno(3), mysqli_stmt_error(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_STMT_BIND_PARAM(3)