Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script to Automatically Read My Password Post 302602139 by Sara_84 on Sunday 26th of February 2012 06:09:17 AM
Old 02-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by durden_tyler
Code:
$
$
$ # contents of myscript.sh
$

tyler_durden
Im running my command using "pbrun", so the password is required by system .. I want to automate providing my password to the system each time it asks me

when I run:

Code:

$ pbrun commands

the system will ask me to provide my pbrun password

Code:

Password for sara@mydomain

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How would I telnet & change user password automatically in a script

I would like to create a script that logs into a list of several servers 50+ and changes my password all at once. Every 60 days we are required to login to each system and change our passwords or else they expire and our login account is deleted. I have an idea on how I could do this but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to automatically change password.

I want to write a script which will automatically take password sequentially from a file after every 10 days. i.e the passwd command should be executed automatically every 10 days and it should take the input from the password file sequentially. Has any1 got a solution?????????????? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run shell script automatically

hi , i m trying to run bash scrip automaticially but i dont know how i can do this an anybody tell me how i can autorun shell script when i logon . thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahir23
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enter a password in the script automatically when prompted?

Hi Friends, We need to create a script which will invoke a command with diffrent parameters. The command invoked needs the password. So how automatically we can enter password in the script to the command? example.: #!/bin/ksh for par in `cat parfile` do # Here is the main command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourabhsharma
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp shell script - Password read error.

Hi, I have script which does the sftp function. In the script in one place it able to read the password from file and other place files with below error. warning: has much more security than supplying the password in the clear warning: on the command line. Failed to get password: File... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to automatically enter a password

I need to retrieve thousands of lines of information from hundreds of nodes. Each node requires a passowrd in order to retrieve the information. Fortunately, the password is the same for each one of them. So I am trying to come up with a script that would allow me to include the password so I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically enter password in a script?

Hi I'm working with AIX 6.1 I would like to ssh to a server without entering password ( to monitor something) but there's no way to do that by authentication keys, so I need to write a script which can ssh to that server without entering password ( no need to hide passsword in the script, just an... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
9 Replies
extract_font_range(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				       extract_font_range(3alleg4)

NAME
extract_font_range - Extracts a range of characters from a font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *extract_font_range(FONT *f, int begin, int end) DESCRIPTION
This function extracts a character range from a font and returns a new font that contains only the range of characters selected by this function. You can pass -1 for either the lower or upper bound if you want to select all characters from the start or to the end of the font. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *capitals; FONT *fontcopy; ... /* Create a font of only capital letters */ capitals = extract_font_range(myfont, 'A', 'Z'); /* Create a copy of the font */ fontcopy = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, -1); ... destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(fontcopy); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
get_font_range_begin(3alleg4), get_font_range_end(3alleg4), merge_fonts(3alleg4), transpose_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 extract_font_range(3alleg4)