Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK, Perl or Shell? Unique strings and their maximum values from 3 column data file Post 302600798 by jayan_jay on Wednesday 22nd of February 2012 05:14:01 AM
Old 02-22-2012

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

return a list of unique values of a column from csv format file

Hi all, I have a huge csv file with the following format of data, Num SNPs, 549997 Total SNPs,555352 Num Samples, 157 SNP, SampleID, Allele1, Allele2 A001,AB1,A,A A002,AB1,A,A A003,AB1,A,A ... ... ... I would like to write out a list of unique SNP (column 1). Could you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print unique values of a column and sum up the corresponding values in next column

Hi All, I have a file which is having 3 columns as (string string integer) a b 1 x y 2 p k 5 y y 4 ..... ..... Question: I want get the unique value of column 2 in a sorted way(on column 2) and the sum of the 3rd column of the corresponding rows. e.g the above file should return the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amigarus
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Data Structure - Non unique values

I have the perl data structure and what i need to do is find all values in @{$extractColumns{'2'}{'D'}} which are not there in @{$extractColumns{'2'}{'M'}} but seems like i need to put a flag somewhere and i messed up foreach my $order (keys %extractColumns) { foreach my $value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for each different entry in column 1 extract maximum values from column 2 in unix/awk

Hello, I have 2 columns (1st column has multiple entries but the corresponding values in the column 2 may be the same or different.) however I want to extract unique values for each entry in column 1 by assigning the max value from column 2 SDF4 -0.211654 SDF4 0.978068 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating unique strings values

Hi, Im looking for a script which will calculate the unique strings column 2 & 3 values in a log as mentioned in example eg:- bag 12 12 bag 18 15 bags 15 13 bags 15 14 blazer 24 24 blazer 33 32 boots 19 15 Result should be:- bag 30 27 bags 30 27... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulwintech
9 Replies

6. Linux

To get all the columns in a CSV file based on unique values of particular column

cat sample.csv ID,Name,no 1,AAA,1 2,BBB,1 3,AAA,1 4,BBB,1 cut -d',' -f2 sample.csv | sort | uniq this gives only the 2nd column values Name AAA BBB How to I get all the columns of CSV along with this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanvel
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting unique values of a column from a feed file

Hi Folks, I have the below feed file named abc1.txt in which you can see there is a title and below is the respective values in the rows and it is completely pipe delimited file ,. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk to find and use the maximum value in column of data

Dear Unix Gurus, I have a text file with multiple columns, for example, see sample.txt below 0 1 301 1 4 250 2 6 140 3 2 610 7 1 180I want to find the maximum in, say, column 3, normalise all the values to this maximum value (to 4 decimal places) and spit everything into a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintin72
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter out lines containing unique values in a specified column

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain four columns of strings: File1: Code: 123 abc gfh 273 456 ddff jfh 837 789 ghi u4u 395 File2: Code: 123 abc dd fu 456 def 457 nd 891 384 djh 783 I want to compare the strings in Column 1 of File 1 with each other file and Print in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find minimum and maximum values based on column with associative array

Hello, I need to find out the minimum and maximum values based on specific column, and then print out the entire row with the max value. Infile.txt: scf6 290173 290416 . + X_047241 T_00113118-1 scf6 290491 290957 . + X_047241 T_00113118-2 scf6 290898 290957 . + X_047241 T_00113119-3 scf6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
2 Replies
SPLASHY_CONFIG(1)					 Splashy POSIX boot splash system					 SPLASHY_CONFIG(1)

NAME
Splashy - a user-mode, POSIX and LSB compliant, boot splashing system for UNIX. SYNOPSIS
splashy_config [-h, --help] [-s, --set-theme THEME] [-i, --install-theme THEME.tar.gz] [-r, --remove-theme THEME][--info] [-c, --create-theme [args...]] DESCRIPTION
Splashy displays an image and a progress bar at boot time. splashy_config is used to change Splashy configuration options. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print helps and exits -s, --set-theme THEME Changes current theme to THEME -i, --install-theme THEME.tar.gz Adds THEME to Splashy theme directory -r, --remove-theme THEME Removes THEME from theme directory --info Prints all relevant information from the main Splashy config file -c, --create-theme [args...] Create a theme in an interactive mode if no arguments, else see the extra arguments section below Extra arguments --name NAME Set the NAME of the new Splashy theme --version VERSION Set the VERSION of the new Splashy theme --description DESC Set the DESC of the new Splashy theme --urls URLs Set the related URLs for this theme --author AUTHOR Set the AUTHOR(s) of the new Splashy theme --boot-image PATH Upload the boot image located at the specified PATH --shutdown-image PATH Upload the shutdown image located at the specified PATH --error-image PATH Upload the error image located at the specified PATH --resume-image PATH Upload the resume image located at the specified PATH --suspend-image PATH Upload the suspend image located at the specified PATH --background-width WIDTH Set the WIDTH of the background --background-height HEIGHT Set the HEIGHT of the background --progressbar-x X-POSITION Set the X-POSITION of the progress bar (percentage if the background height and width are not set, else pixel units) --progressbar-y Y-POSITION Set the Y-POSITION of the progress bar (percentage if the background height and width are not set, else pixel units) --progressbar-width WIDTH Set the WIDTH of the progress bar (percentage if the background height and width are not set, else pixel units) --progressbar-height HEIGHT Set the HEIGHT of the progress bar (percentage if the background height and width are not set, else pixel units) --progressbar-red RED Set the RED channel of the progress bar (0->255) --progressbar-green GREEN Set the GREEN channel of the progress bar (0->255) --progressbar-blue BLUE Set the BLUE channel of the progress bar (0->255) --progressbar-alpha ALPHA Set the ALPHA channel of the progress bar (0->255) --progressbar-border-show yes|no Set a border around the progressbar --progressbar-border-red RED Set the RED channel of the border around the progressbar (0->255) --progressbar-border-green GREEN Set the GREEN channel of the border around the progressbar (0->255) --progressbar-border-blue BLUE Set the BLUE channel of the border around the progressbar (0->255) --progressbar-border-alpha ALPHA Set the ALPHA channel of the border around the progressbar (0->255) --progressbar-background-red RED Set the RED channel of the background of the progressbar (0->255) --progressbar-background-green GREEN Set the GREEN channel of the background of the progressbar (0->255) --progressbar-background-blue BLUE Set the BLUE channel of the background of the progressbar (0->255) --progressbar-background-alpha ALPHA Set the ALPHA channel of the background of the progressbar (0->255) --textbox-show yes|no Set a text box --textbox-x X-POS Set the X-POS of the text box (percentage if the background height and width are not set, else pixel units) --textbox-y Y-POS Set the Y-POS of the text box (percentage if the background height and width are not set, else pixel units) --textbox-width WIDTH Set the WIDTH of the text box (percentage if the background height and width are not set, else pixel units) --textbox-height HEIGHT Set the HEIGHT of the text area (percentage if the background height and width are not set, else pixel units) --textbox-red RED Set the RED channel of the text area (0->255) --textbox-green GREEN Set the GREEN channel of the text area (0->255) --textbox-blue BLUE Set the BLUE channel of the text area (0->255) --textbox-alpha ALPHA Set the ALPHA channel of the text area (0->255) --textbox-border-show yes|no Set a border around the text area --textbox-border-red RED Set the RED channel of the border of the text area (0->255) --textbox-border-green GREEN Set the GREEN channel of the border of the text area (0->255) --textbox-border-blue BLUE Set the BLUE channel of the border of the text area (0->255) --textbox-border-alpha ALPHA Set the ALPHA channel of the border of the text area (0->255) --text-font-file FILE Upload the FONT file --text-font-height HEIGHT Set the HEIGHT of the text area font --text-font-red RED Set the RED channel of the text area font (0->255) --text-font-green GREEN Set the GREEN channel of the text area font (0->255) --text-font-blue BLUE Set the BLUE channel of the text area font (0->255) --text-font-alpha ALPHA Set the ALPHA channel of the text area font (0->255) --autoverbose yes|no Set if Splashy turn into verbose mode when an error appears at boot --progressbar-visibility-boot yes|no Set if Splashy shows a progress bar on boot --progressbar-visibility-shutdown yes|no Set if Splashy shows a progress bar on shutdown --progressbar-visibility-resume yes|no Set if Splashy shows a progress bar on resume --progressbar-visibility-suspend yes|no Set if Splashy shows a progress bar on suspend --progressbar-direction-boot forward|backward Set if the progress bar goes forward or backward on boot --progressbar-direction-shutdown forward|backward Set if the progress bar goes forward or backward on shutdown --progressbar-direction-resume forward|backward Set if the progress bar goes forward or backward on resume --progressbar-direction-suspend forward|backward Set if the progress bar goes forward or backward on suspend --fadein yes|no Set if Splashy appears smoothly --fadeout yes|no Set if Splashy disappears smoothly EXAMPLES
"/usr/bin/splashy_config --info" Shows all the themes currently installed. FILES
/etc/splashy/config.xml Main configuration. defines how splashy should be setup. /etc/splashy/themes/default/theme.xml Default theme. defines how the images displayed by splashy should be setup, their location and other theme-related variables. SEE ALSO
splashy(1), splashy_update(1), splashy-config.xml(5), splashy-theme.xml(5) AUTHORS
Vincent Amouret <vincent.amouret@gmail.com> Luis Mondesi <lemsx1@gmail.com> perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 SPLASHY_CONFIG(1)