Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: not found message
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting not found message Post 302600541 by goddevil on Tuesday 21st of February 2012 10:42:26 AM
Old 02-21-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl
The [[ ]] syntax is valid in most Bourne-type Shells (Posix, ksh etc.) EXCEPT the original Bourne Shell (which is /usr/bin/sh on Solaris).

The syntax is described in the "Conditional Expressions" of the "man" for your Shell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobitron
/usr/bin/sh on Solaris is plain Bourne shell, not bash. "[[" and "]]" will not work on this shell. You need to explicitly set a bash shell in your shebang or use "[" "]" for your test operator.
I have changed my shebang to #!/usr/bin/bash and this only increases the errors that i get. I still get the output that i require though
Quote:
./tfile.sh: command substitution: line 3: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
./tfile.sh: command substitution: line 4: syntax error: unexpected end of file
./tfile.sh: line 10: [: no: integer expression expected
Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl

The next error message you will get is because there is no conditional expression between the [[ ]] pair.

The line always evaluates to this (which is not a condition):
Code:
if [[ hostname63uf.group ]]

Hard to guess what you want the code to do.
I am trying to see if VAR1 consists of the string 63u and if it does, then execute the statements under if

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unknown error message "sh: No: not found"

I am getting this error message (sh: No: not found) and I have no idea what line in my unix script its coming from or what it means. Can anyone help? thanks, Cindy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cindytucci
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return a message when a file is not found

Hi there, I am writing a script to look for tmp log files that have not been access within the last 10 days. I am using the follwing command within the script: find /var/tmp -name *log -atime -9 ¦xargs What I would like to be able to do would be to display a message if there is no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
3 Replies

3. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function not found message

I have shell script as below: #!/bin/ksh #set -xv function set_variable { VARIABLE_NAME=$1 CURRENT_PATH=`pwd` if ; then echo "\nconfiguration_file.lst file not found in $CURRENT_PATH/common/common_scripts" exit 1; fi VARIABLE_COUNT=`cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: findprakash
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

why the message not found in the file

Hi, I am a newbie for shell programming and met some question about redirect output to a file. See the details. #!/usr/bin/sh ... ./doSomething.pl >> RAW_DATA echo "testing is done !" >> RAW_DATA Descirption: doSomething.pl do a bit complex things and output some message. I append... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmerBegin
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not Found message in script execution

Hi gurus, I'm having a strange problem and I hope you can help me solving it. I'm working in Unix Solaris, version 5.10, ksh. I have a script with environment variables which I have to execute prior to other scripts. The script belongs to userA and when I log in, and cd to its directory. It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ermur
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep for message and if found display filename?

Hi i'm new to the forum and was hoping someone could help me with the following query. I do alot of testing and have hundreds of log files output. I have a script (someone else wrote) which finds all the passed and failed logs and puts a number in a column onto a webpage: e.g: Pass ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: defamer
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

not found message

I am executing the following script in a bash shell in solaris and it throws up the following message : But i get the output that i require nevertheless. Can anyone please spot what is causing the warning and how do i get it go away? VAR1="e6842w2334f76figtl5.systems.grp" if 76fig`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a tag and display a message if not found.

Hi All, I am working with a XML file. Below is part for the file. <Emp:Profile> <Emp:Description>Admin</Emp:Description> <Emp:Id>12347</Emp:Id> </Emp:Profile> <Emp:Profile> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh from a ksh returning not found message

Script name is test.ksh I know that that the ssh command is working properly, this can be verified by the value returned in respond variable. It is unique to the remote server _____________________________________________________ respond=$(ssh $remoteHost find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adagio
3 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD