Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Trouble with log file..
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Trouble with log file.. Post 302600091 by itkamaraj on Monday 20th of February 2012 04:52:02 AM
Old 02-20-2012
what is mean by "only processes the data that can be seen using the more pager" ?

post the sample data and what command you tried ?
This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trouble with moving a file

Hi , I'm not so new to linux but very very rusty. Trying to migrate my solar / wind power web server from Windows XP runnning apache to linux. I have the first part of the ftp down as you can see below. I'm having a problem once I have identified the daily file. I'm not being very clear with my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mikey
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with a file path as awk output in for loop

When I run the following command in the shell it works fine. It prints a city name and then a path for a file. ~$ for i in `awk -F':' '{print $0}' /home/knoppix/Desktop/data/subs | grep -m 1 $ city | sed "s/:/ /"` >do >echo $i >done Now, when I place it in this shell script (sh) it prints... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: afroCluster
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble reading [noeol] file

cat can't show the last line of a file sftp transffered from Windows, because the last line is not ended with new line. Vi can show all line with warning I can append blank line in order for cat to show all lines, But is there a command to do this without modifying the file? > cat -A... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble printing multiple lines to a new file

Hi, I'm trying to auto generate some php files with a default preamble at the top which is a block comment. The problem is that my output has no new lines and it looks like the output from "ls" is being printed after everyline This is my code #!/bin/bash read -d '' pre_amble... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: racshot65
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with sed and ini file parsing

hi people, i'm having a hard time trying to extract a list of vars delimited by section inside a ini file ... let's consider this ini file : ; config file DESC = "channel synchro TGG01" DMM_VER = DMM23 PATH_FIFO = /users/tgg00/fifo QRT = BTS01.TGG.01.2 MODE_TRACE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: odium74
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with catting a file

I have a perl script I am trying to modify and I cannot seem to get it to do right. I want it if the -l is ran with the script to cat the given file and then exit. my ( $help, $version, $list ); my $query = 0; my $default = ''; GetOptions( 'd|default=s' => \$default, 'q|query=s'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigbenn
3 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

CUPS file modified causing trouble

I have modified the CUPS file - (deleted the Pause Printer part ) and now I cannot access anything under localhost:631, or printer settings through System preferences. They just keep freezing and there is no way I can get back to edit the config file. Any suggestions? thank you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ladybird
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble reading content of file from a variable

Hi , i have a parameter which has path of a file. Now i need to have another parameter with the content of that file. I tried the belwo script , can any one please help. I dont want to use cat command to read. Can we do it with out using cat command. while read line do... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
9 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Trouble with Shell Script Compressing file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: You will create a shell script that performs the following action: Use a parameter to pass a file that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luvs2drnk
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with archiving; only works if file exists already

Hi Folks - I have a script I am executing that I wish to archive the output(logfile) file once the script is done executing to a folder based on the following date format: YYYYMM For this example purpose, I am performing a simple MKDIR. The script works fine, but the archiving is the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
7 Replies
term::interact::pager(n)					 Terminal control					  term::interact::pager(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::interact::pager - Terminal widget, paging SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::interact::pager ?0.1? term::interact::pager object text ?options...? object interact object done object clear object text text object configure object configure option object configure option value... object cget option _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a class for the creation of a simple paging text display. CLASS API
The package exports a single command, the class command, enabling the creation of pager instances. Its API is: term::interact::pager object text ?options...? This command creates a new pager object with the name object, initializes it, and returns the fully qualified name of the object command as its result. The argument is the text to show, possibly followed by configuration options and their values. The options are explained in the sec- tion Configuration. OBJECT API
The objects created by the class command provide the methods listed below: object interact Show the pager in the screen at the configured location and start interacting with it. This opens its own event loop for the pro- cessing of incoming characters. The method returns when the interaction has completed. See section Interaction for a description of the possible interaction. object done This method can be used by user supplied actions to terminate the interaction with the object. object clear This method can be used by user supplied actions to remove the pager from the terminal. object text text This method can be used to change the text shown by the pager. The pager will reset the dispay to show the first line of the text at the top. object configure object configure option object configure option value... object cget option Standard methods to retrieve and configure the options of the pager. CONFIGURATION
A pager instance recognizes the following options: -in chan Specifies the channel to read character sequences from. Defaults to stdin. -out chan Specifies the channel to write the pager contents to. Defaults to stdout. -column int Specifies the column of the terminal where the left margin of the pager display should appear. Defaults to 0, i.e. the left-most column. -line int Specifies the line of the terminal where the top margin of the pager display should appear. Defaults to 0, i.e. the top-most line. -height int Specifies the number of lines of text to show at most in the display. Defaults to 25. -actions dict Specifies a dictionary containing additional actions, using character sequences as keys. Note that these sequences cannot override the hardwired sequences described in section Interaction. INTERACTION
A pager object recognizes the control sequences listed below and acts as described. The user can supply more control sequences to act on via the configuration, but is not able to overide these defaults. Cursor Up The text is scrolled down a single line, making one more line visible at the top. The pager will not react if the first line of the text is already shown. Cursor Down The text is scrolled up a single line, making one more line visible at the bottom. The pager will not react if the last line of the text is already shown. Page Up The text is scrolled down a page. The pager will not react if the first line of the text is already shown. Page Down The text is scrolled up a page. The pager will not react if the last line of the text is already shown. Enter/Return The interaction with the object is terminated. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
control, pager, terminal, text display COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::interact::pager(n)