Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Slackware 13.
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Slackware 13. Post 302599957 by agama on Sunday 19th of February 2012 03:28:41 PM
Old 02-19-2012
Slackware is Linux. What "is" UNIX is tricky. Have a peek at
What is UNIX ?

if you are interested.

Most Linux and *BSD distributions provide some form of 'net boot' ISO which allows you to down load a minimally sized ISO which contains enough information to boot the machine and then uses a network connection to pull the rest of the material needed for the install over the net. I did a bit of poking, and it doesn't appear that Slackware has such a thing as a net-install ISO.

Maybe someone knows differently, but it wasn't obvious to me.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

DNS on Slackware

Hi. I'm glad join the unix.com forums. Here is my first problem: I've installed Slackware 13 on my PC and configured the IP, Mask and the default gateway. But now I cannot edit the resolv.conf correctly. Can you give me an example with DNS servers like 4.4.4.2 ; 4.4.4.4 ; 8.8.4.4 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intelfan
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Slackware

I want to know more about the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware, i know already the Concurrency but i want to know further what else is the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware. :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: green12
1 Replies
NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					     NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)

NAME
network_namespaces - overview of Linux network namespaces DESCRIPTION
Network namespaces provide isolation of the system resources associated with networking: network devices, IPv4 and IPv6 protocol stacks, IP routing tables, firewall rules, the /proc/net directory (which is a symbolic link to /proc/PID/net), the /sys/class/net directory, various files under /proc/sys/net, port numbers (sockets), and so on. In addition, network namespaces isolate the UNIX domain abstract socket namespace (see unix(7)). A physical network device can live in exactly one network namespace. When a network namespace is freed (i.e., when the last process in the namespace terminates), its physical network devices are moved back to the initial network namespace (not to the parent of the process). A virtual network (veth(4)) device pair provides a pipe-like abstraction that can be used to create tunnels between network namespaces, and can be used to create a bridge to a physical network device in another namespace. When a namespace is freed, the veth(4) devices that it contains are destroyed. Use of network namespaces requires a kernel that is configured with the CONFIG_NET_NS option. SEE ALSO
nsenter(1), unshare(1), clone(2), veth(4), proc(5), sysfs(5), namespaces(7), user_namespaces(7), brctl(8), ip(8), ip-address(8), ip- link(8), ip-netns(8), iptables(8), ovs-vsctl(8) Linux 2018-02-02 NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)