Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Slackware 13.
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Slackware 13. Post 302599957 by agama on Sunday 19th of February 2012 03:28:41 PM
Old 02-19-2012
Slackware is Linux. What "is" UNIX is tricky. Have a peek at
What is UNIX ?

if you are interested.

Most Linux and *BSD distributions provide some form of 'net boot' ISO which allows you to down load a minimally sized ISO which contains enough information to boot the machine and then uses a network connection to pull the rest of the material needed for the install over the net. I did a bit of poking, and it doesn't appear that Slackware has such a thing as a net-install ISO.

Maybe someone knows differently, but it wasn't obvious to me.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

DNS on Slackware

Hi. I'm glad join the unix.com forums. Here is my first problem: I've installed Slackware 13 on my PC and configured the IP, Mask and the default gateway. But now I cannot edit the resolv.conf correctly. Can you give me an example with DNS servers like 4.4.4.2 ; 4.4.4.4 ; 8.8.4.4 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intelfan
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Slackware

I want to know more about the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware, i know already the Concurrency but i want to know further what else is the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware. :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: green12
1 Replies
byobu-layout(1) 						       byobu							   byobu-layout(1)

NAME
byobu-layout - Save and restore byobu-tmux laouts USAGE
byobu-layout [save|restore] [name] DESCRIPTION
byobu-layout will save and restore byobu-tmux(1) split window layouts. If 'name' is blank, it operates interactively. Note that this only works with Byobu when backed by tmux(1), and not screen(1). SEE ALSO
byobu(1), tmux(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 8 Jan 2012 byobu-layout(1)