Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass different number of arguments in a single shot Post 302598030 by kalpeer on Monday 13th of February 2012 06:07:16 AM
Old 02-13-2012
MySQL

try the below scripts. it works as you expected unless there is a space.

te4:

#! /bin/bash
val=`awk '{
i=0
printf("%s ",$i)
}' inp4`
./te5 $val
te5: prints the argument received

#! /bin/bash
echo "val 1 $1"
echo "val 2 $2"
inp4: input file

ou=x,o=z
o=y
Output is:
./te4
val 1 ou=x,o=z
val 2 o=y

Thanks
kalai
This User Gave Thanks to kalpeer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass arguments to called program

Thank you very much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellUser
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pass Kill with arguments

Dude, I want to kill a process, but the processid is in a text file. I have to read the text file for the process id and pass it as parameter to the kill command. Example $ cat prcid.txt 18650 I want to pass the value 18650 as a process id to kill command. $ kill -9 <value read from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksmuralee
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help to pass arguments in script

Hi, I have a my script here-- print "The Perl Script does the User health check and system health check...\n"; print "---------------------------------------------------------------------\n"; # use strict; my($OS); $OS = $^O; # need to test @ARGV before GetOptions shifts it if (@ARGV... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do we pass multiple arguments into awk

How do we pass multiple arguments into awk : name=john age=12 now i have to pass both age and name into awk.. how to do it? like : awk -v var=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting both hidden and regular files in a single shot

How to delete both hidden (. dot files) and regular files available in a directory in a single shot (just one pass instead of two rm commands)? The following are not helping: rm .* (or) rm \.* (or) rm .??* (or) rm * All these commands delete either hidden or regular files at one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass arguments unchanged

Hi, I have to use ksh on HP-UX for some scripting. I usually use "set -e -u" in scripts to stop if errors occur or a typo is in a variable name. Now I try to use "$@" to pass the arguments unchanged to another function, which works without problems - unless I try to call the script without... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: michas
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[C SHELL] How to pass dynamic number of arguments

I have a task. The scenario is like this. I have a operation program (OPR1) , whose function is to simply double the (single)value it receives as input. I have to write a script to operate the OPR1 and save its output in a file. Later, I have to modify the script so as to be able to operate ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To pass arguments to makefile using script

Hi, I want to run a target of makfile using script by passing different arguments to it again n again. I i need to grep certain things from the log file. eg make abc KAB=8 BAC=8 >& KAB_BAC.log grep "timeA" KAB_BAC.log grep "timeB" KAB_BAC.log (i want to store the difference of the two time... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass arguments to the library .so

Hello, Please, how can i pass arguments to my lib.so ? my lib.so is written in c and i need some arguments in the code .. LD_PRELOAD=lib.so ./program Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to an sftp script??

hi, Is it possible to pass arguments to a sftp script and use those arguments in the program? for example sftp_script FILENAME=$1 #!/usr/bin/expect spawn /usr/bin/sftp abc@ftp.abc.com expect "abc@ftp.abc.com's password:" send "pass\r" expect "sftp>" send "mput $FILENAME\r"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
9 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD