Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to enable "banner" for a user in solaris? Post 302597331 by kalpeer on Friday 10th of February 2012 02:35:30 AM
Old 02-10-2012
You can add this condition in your default profile file(~/.profile or ~/.kshrc or ~/.cshrc)
Since when the user login profile gets executed.
This User Gave Thanks to kalpeer For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Any way to get User Summary in AIX like "prstat -t" in Solaris

Hi Friends, Is there any command in AIX that can give me a summary of the users like we obtain by using "prstat -t" in Solaris? Request your help. Regards, Aeby Samuel. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeby.samuel
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

communicating wth another user aside from "wall" and "write"

Hi, Can anyone suggest a Unix command or c-shell algorithm to simulate to behavior of "wall" command minus the "all users"? What I'm trying to do is to send a notice to just one particular user but i dont want other remotely-logged-on users to receive the message (on the pseudo-terminals). I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
6 Replies

3. AIX

boot process stuck on "Welcome to AIX" banner

Good afternoon, I'm currently working on an IBM 9110-510, with an AIX 6.1 on it. Currently, I've put an HyperTerminal on the machine vty0. Folowing the procedure given by a support guy(§details), I'm able to get to the AIX banner ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilleb
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

how to turn off the banner "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.2"?

how to turn off the banner "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.2"? I am using RedHat Advanced Server 4 #telnet localhost 22 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Printer configuration Migration from Solaris 10 "LP" to Solaris 11 "CUPS"

Need to find a way to import an LP printers.conf file to CUPS. I have some new Solaris 11.1 boxes that need to have 300 printers added. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

8. AIX

How to enable "TCP MD5 Signatures" and "https" on AIX?

I have searched many times but nothing found. Somebody help please :(:(:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
profile(4)							   File Formats 							profile(4)

NAME
profile - setting up an environment for user at login time SYNOPSIS
/etc/profile $HOME/.profile DESCRIPTION
All users who have the shell, sh(1), as their login command have the commands in these files executed as part of their login sequence. /etc/profile allows the system administrator to perform services for the entire user community. Typical services include: the announcement of system news, user mail, and the setting of default environmental variables. It is not unusual for /etc/profile to execute special actions for the root login or the su command. The file $HOME/.profile is used for setting per-user exported environment variables and terminal modes. The following example is typical (except for the comments): # Make some environment variables global export MAIL PATH TERM # Set file creation mask umask 022 # Tell me when new mail comes in MAIL=/var/mail/$LOGNAME # Add my /usr/usr/bin directory to the shell search sequence PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin # Set terminal type TERM=${L0:-u/n/k/n/o/w/n} # gnar.invalid while : do if [ -f ${TERMINFO:-/usr/share/lib/terminfo}/?/$TERM ] then break elif [ -f /usr/share/lib/terminfo/?/$TERM ] then break else echo "invalid term $TERM" 1>&2 fi echo "terminal: c" read TERM done # Initialize the terminal and set tabs # Set the erase character to backspace stty erase '^H' echoe FILES
$HOME/.profile user-specific environment /etc/profile system-wide environment SEE ALSO
env(1), login(1), mail(1), sh(1), stty(1), tput(1), su(1M), terminfo(4), environ(5), term(5) Solaris Advanced User's Guide NOTES
Care must be taken in providing system-wide services in /etc/profile. Personal .profile files are better for serving all but the most global needs. SunOS 5.11 20 Dec 1992 profile(4)