Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to LINUX machine as a router. Post 302595493 by saqlain.bashir on Friday 3rd of February 2012 09:47:19 AM
Old 02-03-2012
How to LINUX machine as a router.

Hi guys, could you help me to configure my Linux machine to behave as router?

Scenario:
Machine OS: CentOS 6.2
NIC: eth0: configured with a static IP by the ISP.
eth1: not configured yet

Virtual Machine: CentOS 5.7
NIC : eth0 : not configured yet
eth1 : not configured yet

Plan is to configure the virtual machine (CentOS 5.7) as a router. After that this machine will also be the dhcp server as well. DHCP is not an issue but the configuration of router you can say.

Please help me in the configuration.

With Best Regards...

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linux Router?

I am trying to set up a linux box as a router, but I am a little confused on how to do this. I am using Red Hat 9.0 on a machine that has 2 nic cards. Also, I am using a DSL pppoe connection. I have installed rp-pppoe and I am connected to the internet via the pseudo pppoe interface. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies
dtc_install_centos(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     dtc_install_centos(8)

NAME
dtc_install_centos - bootstrap a CentOS install to use in a chroot or VM SYNOPSIS
dtc_install_centos <install root> <yum environment> DESCRIPTION
This shell script is part of the dtc-xen package, generally to be used by the dtc panel to install a new a Xen VPS server. This script is called by dtc_reinstall_os when the user chooses to install the CentOS operating system. How it works: it generates a temporary yum configuration in the yum environment directory, that directs yum to act inside the install root instead of in the base system; then it kindly requests yum to install the basesystem, centos-release and yum packages onto it. Yum then uses the configuration to download the required (usually, security-updated) packages and then perform the RPM installation process under the install root. It requires both RPM and yum. It does work under Debian (it was developed in Ubuntu first). It should also work on RPM-based systems without destroying the system-wide RPM and yum configurations. OPTION
<install root> Target directory where CentOS will be deployed. Must exist beforehand. <yum environment> Directory where yum will store the repository manifests and configuration. Will be automatically created. Cached RPMs and manifests will be left, as usual, in a directory var/cache/yum inside the install root. EXAMPLE
dtc_install_centos /root/yum /xen/13 This will setup the operating system in /xen/13, with the CentOS configuration folder in /root/yum. BUGS
It's limited to CentOS 5 at the moment. It must be run as root. Under some circumstances, the installation process itself may kill processes running on the host machine. The chroot yum does should be sufficient to avoid this, but we haven't been able, yet, to ascertain why this fails sometimes. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8) VERSION
This documentation describes dtc_install_os version 0.3.1. See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. dtc_install_centos(8)