Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to LINUX machine as a router. Post 302595493 by saqlain.bashir on Friday 3rd of February 2012 09:47:19 AM
Old 02-03-2012
How to LINUX machine as a router.

Hi guys, could you help me to configure my Linux machine to behave as router?

Scenario:
Machine OS: CentOS 6.2
NIC: eth0: configured with a static IP by the ISP.
eth1: not configured yet

Virtual Machine: CentOS 5.7
NIC : eth0 : not configured yet
eth1 : not configured yet

Plan is to configure the virtual machine (CentOS 5.7) as a router. After that this machine will also be the dhcp server as well. DHCP is not an issue but the configuration of router you can say.

Please help me in the configuration.

With Best Regards...

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linux Router?

I am trying to set up a linux box as a router, but I am a little confused on how to do this. I am using Red Hat 9.0 on a machine that has 2 nic cards. Also, I am using a DSL pppoe connection. I have installed rp-pppoe and I am connected to the internet via the pseudo pppoe interface. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies
RRENUMD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						RRENUMD(8)

NAME
rrenumd -- router renumbering daemon SYNOPSIS
rrenumd [-df] [-c conf_file | -s] DESCRIPTION
The rrenumd utility transmits router renumbering request packets, to renumber the routers in the site network. On KAME-based systems, router renumbering requests are received and processed by rtadvd(8). For other systems, refer to relevant documents. The program will daemonize itself on invocation. It reads configuration information from standard input if -s is specified, or from conf_file if -c conf_file is specified. The contents of configuration information are described in rrenumd.conf(5). After successful configuration, rrenumd sends router renumbering messages periodically to configured destinations. Messages contain prefixes configured to be renumbered. -d Debug mode. -f Foreground mode. Do not become daemon. -s Script mode. Configuration information is obtained from standard input. -c conf_file Specify a configuration file where configuration information is kept. EXIT STATUS
The program exits with 0 on success, and non-zero on failures. SEE ALSO
rrenumd.conf(5), rtadvd(8) STANDARDS
Matt Crawford, Router Renumbering for IPv6, RFC, 2894, August 2000. HISTORY
The rrenumd utility first appeared in KAME IPv6 protocol stack kit. BSD
September 7, 1998 BSD