Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count number of files in remote server Post 302595401 by jayan_jay on Friday 3rd of February 2012 04:11:03 AM
Old 02-03-2012
Why sftp ?? and why not ssh ..
Code:
$ ssh ksmsft1@laixu110.jkea.jlroot.net "ls -ltr /opt/jls | wc -l"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the number of files in a directory

Hi All, How do i find out the number of files in a directory using unix command ? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

count number of files in a directory

what's the script to do that? i want to only count the number of files in that directory, not including any sub directories at all (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get specified number of files from remote server

Hi All, I need to get a specified number of files from a remote server. The remote server has a huge number of files to the tune of more than 200000. If I use scp or rsync to transfer files using the wildcard "*", am getting the error "arg list too long" So, I would like to know if i can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umavmishra
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count number of files in directory excluding existing files

Hi, Please let me know how to find out number of files in a directory excluding existing files..The existing file format will be unknown..each time.. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

count of files and number of bytes

1) I need a shell code to count the number of files ( without directories or sub-directories ) in a directory given as arguments I tried this code but it didn't work , maybe I tried the wrong one: numOfFiles=`find $1 -type f -maxdepth 1 | wc -l` I found it in another thread in this site.. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack1985
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count number of files in directory and write to new file with number of files and their name?

Hi! I just want to count number of files in a directory, and write to new text file, with number of files and their name output should look like this,, assume that below one is a new file created by script Number of files in directory = 25 1. a.txt 2. abc.txt 3. asd.dat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of files

Hi All! I need to have a script that counts the number of files arriving in a landing directory, them some app pick these files to be processed and load to a DB. But this process is so fast that I am not able to count all the files arriving on a landing directory. Please can you help? My... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for Count number of files in certain time

Chaps, I need to count number of files in a remote directory from Linux (FreeBSD) as if 10 trace files (log files) been generated within 5min of time. So this is the script then I can setup a monitoring. I came across with ls -1 \ip\d:\Logs | wc -l but then what else requires to check time... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samwijekoon
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
SSH2_SFTP_MKDIR(3)							 1							SSH2_SFTP_MKDIR(3)

ssh2_sftp_mkdir - Create a directory

SYNOPSIS
bool ssh2_sftp_mkdir (resource $sftp, string $dirname, [int $mode = 0777], [bool $recursive = false]) DESCRIPTION
Creates a directory on the remote file server with permissions set to $mode. This function is similar to using mkdir(3) with the ssh2.sftp:// wrapper. PARAMETERS
o $sftp - An SSH2 SFTP resource opened by ssh2_sftp(3). o $dirname - Path of the new directory. o $mode - Permissions on the new directory. o $recursive - If $recursive is TRUE any parent directories required for $dirname will be automatically created as well. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Creating a directory on a remote server <?php $connection = ssh2_connect('shell.example.com', 22); ssh2_auth_password($connection, 'username', 'password'); $sftp = ssh2_sftp($connection); ssh2_sftp_mkdir($sftp, '/home/username/newdir'); /* Or: mkdir("ssh2.sftp://$sftp/home/username/newdir"); */ ?> SEE ALSO
mkdir(3), ssh2_sftp_rmdir(3). PHP Documentation Group SSH2_SFTP_MKDIR(3)