Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing variable is files in same directory Post 302595102 by knight_eon on Thursday 2nd of February 2012 06:01:36 AM
Old 02-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthdoss
Hi all,

I'm writing a script to get values from the user and replace it in another file in the same directory.
Code:
/usr/bin/sediff 's/$PROJECT/'$PROJECT'/' /ananth/TEMPLATE

TEMPLATE is the file I want to replace the variable PROJECT from the script I'm writing but Im not getting it done. Is there any way to solve this?

thanks
Ananth
Code:

/usr/bin/sediff "s/\$PROJECT/$PROJECT/" /ananth/TEMPLATE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing variable values in all files in directories

Hi Guys, I have some basic unix knowlege but new to shell scripting. I want to replace variable values in all files in sub-directories. Any sugestion will be helpful. Example. Main Dir: X Sub Dir: X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6.... X10 Each sub directory has file which contains variable A = 10. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoshell
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing $ in variable

hi I have a variable like k=$DESTDIR/$PKG/$VERSION I want to replace each $ in string k with say "XXX". so that k becomes like this "XXXDESTDIR/XXXPKG/XXXVERSION" when I use echo $k | sed -e "s/\$/XXX" it actually passes expanded of variables $DESTDIR, $PKG and $VERSION to sed. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing new lines in all files of a directory containing old lines

Hi all, I am trying to replace a few lines with other lines of all files in a directory which contain those few lines. say - there are some 10 files in a dir having the same 4 lines as 1.txt at the starting 1.txt line 1 line 2 line 3 line 4 ....................................... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooster005
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing in a variable

Hi, If I have a variable var1 ='TH 12/1234' How can I set this too in a script var1 ='TH 12~1234' Bearing in mind "/" might be in a difference place each time and that the "/" might not even exist each time the variable is set. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: belfastbelle
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append variable texts to the beginning of each line in all files in a directory

I am writing a code to append some numbers in the beginning of each line in all the files present in a directory. The number of files are really huge. The files are numbered as 1.sco, 2.sco, 4.sco (Note: 3.sco is missing). The files currently look like this: 1.sco 2 3 5 6 6 7My task is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing all the files in the directory and replacing them

Hi, I would like to parse all the files (*.c and *.h) in the sub-directories and if *.c or *.h files are found I would like to append a string and place it in the same directory. How do I do that? For example: I'm gonna operate on dir1 level. $dir1/subdir1/test.h should be done as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files to variable directory

Im trying to move my files to a variable folder i've just created. Step 1 is working fine. mkdir /sdcard/DCIM/Photos/`date +%Y%m%d` Step 2 is not working mv /sdcard/DCIM/100ANDRO/*.jpg /sdcard/DCIM/Photos/`date +%Y%m%d` What am i doing wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dihavs
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing exact directory variable

I am making a script to relocate a project file. I have all of the variables in place and everything is working except: the first variable changes everytime it passes thru a loop. The second is a constant value. when I run that it does what I want...but incorrectly. It is finding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentlefury
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find ls of similar pattern files in a directory by passing the variable.

Hi, I have file in my $datadir as below :- SAT_1.txt SAT_2.txt BAT_UD.lst BAT_DD1.lst DUTT_1.txt DUTT_la.txt Expected result :- should get all the above file in $<Filename>_file.lst Below is my code :- for i in SAT BAT DUTT do touch a.lst cd $datadir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files to a directory with a variable name

I have this shell script which i am going to package into an application: cd /Users/william/Desktop Cleaning; mkdir "date"; cp ~/Desktop/* ~/"date"; how would i point to the directory with the name unknown to cp? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ws1
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)