Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting multiple condition matching and doing some predefined work Post 302594684 by p_sai_ias on Wednesday 1st of February 2012 03:10:22 AM
Old 02-01-2012
multiple condition matching and doing some predefined work

Hi everybody,

I had 10 files in in one folder(/home/sai/) namely sai.
1.gz,2.gz,3.gz ..,10.gz.

I want to delete the files which are there home based on the following conditions

fliecount in sai folder==10 && grep -cv ".gz"==0

How to check this using awk?

Otherwise please suggest a best method for doing it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern-Matching in If-Condition

Hey Guys, I'm fighting with a particular pattern match today (ksh)... I need your help! Middle in my script I read a variable A's value. This value could have three differents form: 1) the NumClicks is the number of clicks user makes during session. 2) the MeanRate is the average number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzillan
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash pattern matching echo *[! '/' ] doesn't work

without using ls, just using echo so purely pattern matching I can say echo */ <-- lists directories but how would I match files? surely something like *!/ or * but neither work ? it seems like there isn't much that I can put in but surely i should be able to put any ascii... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: james hanley
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition doesn't work

i want to get the value for column 4rth when i =4. please guide what i am doing wrong. thanks var=`cat file.csv` for i in $var; do { if ; then var4=$var4+$i fi echo $i } done I am geting this error message "0403-009 The specified number is not valid for this command." (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagii
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple condition in if

All, My environment is Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. I am using the following condition -- if -0 ] above command is not working. It is telling that -a unexpected. Please help me (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: user7509
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

csh, pattern matching in if() condition.

Hi: I am struggling to get the simplest pattern matching to work, in csh. In this line: if ("$MY" =~ /my/) echo match it seems that I just can not make it to match, even when $MY is "mymymy". Thanks. N.B Phil ---------- Post updated at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous update... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching patterns inside a condition in awk

I have the following in an awk script. I want to do them on condition that: fext == "xt" FNR == NR { />/ && idx = ++i $2 || val = $1 next } FNR in idx { v = val] } { !/>/ && srdist = abs($1 - v) } />/ || NF == 2 && srdist < dsrmx {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with File processing - Adding predefined text to particular record based on condition

I am generating a output: Name Count_1 Count_2 abc 12 12 def 15 14 ghi 16 16 jkl 18 18 mno 7 5 I am sending the output in html email, I want to add the code: <font color="red"> NAME COLUMN record </font> for the Name... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition matching with special chars

Hi, I have file #cat drivers.txt fcs0 fcs1 vscsi1 vscsi2 In this i need to check the availabality of "fcs" or "vscsi" alone not vscsi0,fcs1 I tried with "if condition" but it is not working. cat drivers.txt| while read ADAP do echo "Checking for $ADAP" if ;then echo "FC... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with XML tag value extraction based on matching condition

sample xml file part <DocumentMinorVersion>0</DocumentMinorVersion> <DocumentVersion>1</DocumentVersion> <EffectiveDate>2017-05-30T00:00:00Z</EffectiveDate> <FollowOnFrom> <ContractRequest _LoadId="export_AJ6iAFoh6g0rE9"> <_LocalId>CRW2218451</_LocalId> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul1234
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with tag value extraction from xml file based on a matching condition

Hi , I have a situation where I need to search an xml file for the presence of a tag <FollowOnFrom> and also , presence of partial part of the following tag <ContractRequest _LoadId and if these 2 exist ,then extract the value from the following tag <_LocalId> which is "CW2094139". There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul1234
2 Replies
RMM(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              RMM(1)

NAME
rmm - remove messages SYNOPSIS
rmm [+folder] [msgs] [-unlink | -nounlink] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
By default, rmm will remove the specified messages by renaming each of the message files with a site-dependent prefix (usually a comma). Such files will then need to be removed in some manner after a certain amount of time. Many sites arrange for cron to remove these files once a day, so check with your system administrator. Alternately, if you wish for rmm to really remove the files representing these messages, you can use the -unlink switch. But messages removed by this method cannot be later recovered. If you prefer a more sophisticated method of `removing' messages, you can define the rmmproc profile component. For example, you can add a profile component such as rmmproc: /home/foouser/bin/rmm_msgs then instead of simply renaming the message file, rmm will call the named program or script to handle the files that represent the messages to be deleted. Some users of csh prefer the following: alias rmm 'refile +d' where folder `+d' is a folder for deleted messages, and alias mexp 'rm `mhpath +d all`' is used to "expunge" deleted messages. The current message is not changed by rmm, so a next will advance to the next message in the folder as expected. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder rmmproc: Program to delete the message SEE ALSO
refile(1), rmf(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `msgs' defaults to cur `-nounlink' CONTEXT
If a folder is given, it will become the current folder. BUGS
Since refile uses your rmmproc to delete the message, the rmmproc must NOT call refile without specifying -normmproc, or you will create an infinte loop. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMM(1)