Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iplanet DS problem..
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users iplanet DS problem.. Post 302593038 by s ladd on Wednesday 25th of January 2012 12:04:24 PM
Old 01-25-2012
iplanet DS problem..

Hey Guys,
Does anyone have experience with iplanet directory server? I am trying to do a ds_db2ldif (ldap dump) so I can import it into DSEE however it is failing, and giving NMC_Status: 7.. problem is iplanet is deprecated and has very little online support. Suggestions? Is there a better way to dump to ldif?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Iplanet Error

I have iplanet6.0 sp1 installed on a Sunfire 280r which is running Solaris 8. On boot up I get the following message 'Failed to create psetHandle for cn=' the error code is 2. Iplanet appears to function as normal but can anyone enlighten me as to what this means. many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Iplanet(SUNONE): automate instance startup

On a Sun Solaris 5.8 machine, We are attempting to automate the startup of our Iplanet servers and are struggling with the fact that we would have to hard-code the passwords somewhere. Here is what the administrator's guide says: Is there any way to truly encrypt the password? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

3. Solaris

unknown iplanet db password

I'm trying to renew a ssl certificate on my SunFire 280R that is running iplanet on top of Solaris 8. The password that I was given for the Key Pair File Password doesn't work and the previous admin has no idea what it could possibly be. :o Does anyone have any idea how to crowbar the password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Iplanet LDAP User Authentication on Solaris

Dear Friends, I have recently installed iplanet directory server on my Solaris 10 machine.I was able to successfully install and configure ldap on my system.Furthermore, was also able to add user entries to the LDAP database server.But now I am finding it difficult to authenticate LDAP users... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raunaqnilekani
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Information about iplanet

Can anyone explains me the usage of iplanet daemon. Also , pls let me know the difference between a process and a daemon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

iPlanet Lost Login Tracking

I have been researching if it is possible to track a user's last login within iPlanet LDAP (now called Directory Server) and have thus far found nothing positive, but rather a few articles saying it is not possible. Could someone confirm/deny that iPlanet can/can't track a user's last login... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdian
10 Replies

7. Web Development

Configuring ACL in Iplanet

Hi Friends, Could any one please help me how to configure access control list (ACL) in Iplanet server in unix mode ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicky
0 Replies

8. Solaris

configure iplanet DS for SSL without console?

Hey guys, Is it possible to configure iplanet DS for SSL without the DS console? I cannot find any documentation regarding it. The iplanet DS document only references using the DS console which I do not have. In Sun One, you can use dsadm to import certs however that is not available in iplanet... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pls run this to locate a pkg for me -- iplanet

pkgchk -l -p `find /usr -name start-admin | head -1` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
2 Replies

10. Solaris

IPlanet Website Root directory?

I have a Solaris 10 server running iPlanet and hosting a website. My issue is like Windows Server, attempting to locate the (/inetpub/wwwroot/) root directory for the website hosted. I've located iPlanet's location, but unsuccessful at finding where this website lives. I assume, like Windows,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
8 Replies
dump(n) 																   dump(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
dump - Dump information about Tcl interpreter in TkCon SYNOPSIS
dump method ?-nocomplain? ?-filter pattern? ?--? pattern ?pattern ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The dump command provides a way for the user to spit out state information about the interpreter in a Tcl readable (and human readable) form. It takes the general form: dump method ?-nocomplain? ?-filter pattern? ?--? pattern ?pattern ...? The patterns represent glob-style patterns (as in string match pattern $str). -nocomplain will prevent dump from throwing an error if no items matched the pattern. -filter is interpreted as appropriate for the method. The various methods are: dump command args Outputs one or more commands. dump procedure args Outputs one or more procs in sourceable form. dump variable args Outputs the values of variables in sourceable form. Recognizes nested arrays. The -filter pattern is used as to filter array ele- ment names and is interepreted as a glob pattern (defaults to {*}). It is passed down for nested arrays. dump widget args Outputs one or more widgets by giving their configuration options. The -filter pattern is used as to filter the config options and is interpreted as a case insensitive regexp pattern (defaults to {.*}). SEE ALSO
idebug(n), observe(n), tkcon(1), tkcon(n), tkconrc(5) KEYWORDS
Tk, console, dump COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Jeffrey Hobbs <jeff at hobbs.org> TkCon 2.5 dump(n)