Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command to grep a word and print the whole line splitted into many Post 302591372 by yazu on Thursday 19th of January 2012 10:31:43 AM
Old 01-19-2012
Code:
perl -0777 -ne '/[^\n]*sendFeedback.*?;/s && print "$&\n"' FILE

For multiple occurrences:
Code:
perl -0777 -ne 'print "$&\n\n" while /[^\n]*sendFeedback.*?;/gs' FILE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print a line containing word in a column using grep

hi, how to print a row which contains a perticular word in its third column using grep, cut, or any thing else. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print word 1 in line 1 and word 2 in line 2 if it matches a pattern

i have a file in this pattern MATCH1 word1 IMAGE word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH1 word1 IMAGE word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangaram
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can grep command return word instead of complete line

Hi Is there any way GREP command can return word and not complete line. My file has following data: Hello Everyone I am NitinrajSrivastava Hi Friends Welcome VrajSrivastava I am using grep 'raj' which is returning me complete line.However I want only the word having keyword 'raj'. Required... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print last word of line

Hi, How to print last word of line? #!/bin/bash x1="This is Kiran" echo "$x1" how to print "Kiran" in new variable.i.e x2=kiran (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print line starts with specific word and contains specific word using sed?

Hi, I have gone through may posts and dint find exact solution for my requirement. I have file which consists below data and same file have lot of other data. <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='YES' NAME='m_TASK_UPDATE' OBJECTVERSION ='1'> <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='NO'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How ti Grep for a word and print the next word

Hi can we grep for a word and print the next word of the greped word? ex:- create or replace function function_name create function function_name we should search for word "function" and output next word "function_name" from both lines. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasa_vs
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print few lines before and after matching word is found suing grep?

Hi, here are few lines present in the logs. I want to grep on Error and print few lines before and after Error word is found line1 Line2 Line3 Error Line4 Line5 Line6 Line7 I want the output to be Line2 Line3 Error Line5 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print the next word from the same line based on grep string condtion match.

I need to fetch particular string from log file based on grep condition match. Actual requirement is need to print the next word from the same line based on grep string condtion match. File :Java.lanag.xyz......File copied completed : abc.txt Ouput :abc.txt I have used below... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva83
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively grep for a pattern and print that whole word

Hello Forum Members, I am trying to write a script for a requirement where i have to recursively search for a pattern and replace it with the new string in run time from user inputs grep -ohr "]*.xyz.com]*" $HOME/source/group/ | sort | uniq > $HOME/output.txt while read -r -u9 line; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raokl
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command to search a regular expression in a line an only print the string after the match

Hello, one step in a shell script i am writing, involves Grep command to search a regular expression in a line an only print the string after the match an example line is below /logs/GRAS/LGT/applogs/lgt-2016-08-24/2016-08-24.8.log.zip:2016-08-24 19:12:48,602 ERROR... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramneekgupta91
9 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX