Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem with file content extraction Post 302591334 by priya_ag04 on Thursday 19th of January 2012 08:47:45 AM
Old 01-19-2012
problem with file content extraction

I need to extract some content of a file.
Example

file abc
vi abc
ooooooooo
bbbbbbbbb
vvv 1234 5
vvv 6789 3
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx

i want to extract only the following content from file abc and store in another file say temp.
1234 5
6789 3

what should be my approach?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nasty string extraction problem

Hello, if I have a file containing a chunk of HTML and I want to extract always the string beginning http://www.xxx.com/v/ that ends just before "> (i.e. and including the bit BqqtJpfZElQ&hl will change randomly) Any ideas??? # cat randomfeature.html <object width="160"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinyeandel1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in piping the file(s) content from zip files

Hi friends I have a zip file 1.zip which contains three text files a.txt b.txt c.txt I want to grep some text(keyword) in those 3 files without extracting all the three files to a local directoryusing the command, unzip -p 1.zip |grep "search text" >result.txt The Output file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in reading a file content

Hi, I am reading a file line by line using read line function of while loop. Each line contains 4 fields. I want to take these 4 values in 4 variables in each iteration so that i can use them in my script. The issue here is that my awk command is returning awkward results - Here is a sample line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garman
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan and change file data content problem

Input file >Read_1 XXXXXXXXXXSDFXXXXXDS (condition 1: After the last "X" per line, if the distance is less than or equal to 3 letter, replace those not "X" letter with "X") TREXXXXXXXSDFXXXXXDS (condition 2: Before the first "X" per line, if the distance is less than or equal to 3 letter,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with rename header content based on reference file problem

I got long list of reference file >data_tmp_number_22 >data_tmp_number_12 >data_tmp_number_20 . . Input file: >sample_data_1 Math, 5, USA, tmp SDFEWRWERWERWRWER FSFDSFSDFSDGSDGSD >sample_data_2 Math, 15, UK, tmp FDSFSDFF >sample_data_3 Math, 50, USA, tmp ARQERREQR . . Desired... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem getting the content of a file in a shell script variable

Hi, I have a text file that has a long multi-line db2 CTE query. Now I want to store all the contents of this file (i.e. the entire query) in a shell script variable. I am trying to achieve it by this: query = `cat /Folder/SomeFile.txt` But when I echo the contents of this file by saying echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DushyantG
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Extraction problem in perl

Hello, I want to extract the words from a file which starts with SRD-R or SRD-DR. I have written a script which is able to trace the word but it is printing the whole line. sub extract_SRD_tag{ my ($tag, $app, $path, @data, $word ); $path = shift; $app = shift; open (FILE, $path) or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problem with dispalying file content using menu driven script

HI All.. below is my menu options script. in option 2,3 and 4 im giving input and they are saving into their respective text file. problem is when im trying to "cat" those files in options 7,8 and 9 im not getting the output. no respective file contents are displaying on screen. but if i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Search and Extraction Problem

I have something like this: bash-3.2$ svn info Path: . URL: svn+ssh://nlaedev01@10.209.194.15/files0/nlae_dev_svn/repos/newlook-endeca/trunk Repository Root: svn+ssh://nlaedev01@10.209.194.15/files0/nlae_dev_svn/repos/newlook-endeca Repository UUID: 4e8fbe85-c2e2-42fe-a5fa-f9f9100d2393... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while displaying(cat) file content inside telnet loop .

Hi Team, Not getting the file output inside my email which i am sending from unix box. . Please refer the below code : #!/bin/sh { sleep 5 echo ehlo 10.56.185.13 sleep 3 echo mail from: oraairtel@CNDBMUREAPZP02.localdomain sleep 3 echo rcpt to: saurabhtripathi@anniksystems.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tripathi1990
1 Replies
NAMESPACE(6)							   Games Manual 						      NAMESPACE(6)

NAME
namespace - name space description file DESCRIPTION
Namespace files describe how to construct a name space from scratch, an operation normally performed by the newns subroutine (see auth(2)) which is typically called by init(8). Each line specifies one name space operation. Spaces and tabs separate arguments to operations; no quotes or escapes are recognized. Blank lines and lines with # as the first non-space character are ignored. Environment variables of the form $name are expanded within arguments, where name is a UTF string terminated by white space, a /, or a $. The known operations and their arguments are: mount [-abc] servename old [spec] Mount servename on old. bind [-abc] new old Bind new on old. import [-abc] host "[remotepath]mountpoint Import remotepath from machine server and attach it to mountpoint. cd dir Change the working directory to dir. The options for bind, mount, and import are interpreted as in bind(1) and import(4). SEE ALSO
bind(1), namespace(4), init(8) NAMESPACE(6)