Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Print particular time upto the next occurance Post 302591277 by aniketdixit on Thursday 19th of January 2012 04:49:56 AM
Old 01-19-2012
Print particular time upto the next occurance

Hi Guys,
I am having some issue in one aspect. I am having data like -

00:00
X-1
Y-1
Z-4
A-5
E-6

01:00
Z-9
X-1
Z-5
A-8
E-7
and so on till

23:00
Z-9
X-1
Z-5
A-8
E-7
Now I need output like -
00:00 X-1
00:00 Y-1
00:00 Z-4
00:00 A-5
00:00 E-6
01:00 Z-9
01:00 X-1
01:00 Z-5
01:00 A-8
01:00 E-7
23:00 Z-9
23:00 X-1
23:00 Z-5
23:00 A-8
23:00 E-7

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

limiting characters upto <xyz> columns

Hi, Recently i did some code changes in one of the text file. During the code review,i've been asked to allign the comments in this file to XYZ columns(say XYZ=40). Now the problem is that this file is a huge one and it would be really pathetic if i go ahead and do it manually. I think... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit4g
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print the date and time separately???

HI, I have a script where the date and time has to e printed separately as below date = "Wed Jan 16 2008" time = "14:17:57 IST" using date command gives me tho out put Wed Jan 16 14:17:57 IST 2008 i need only Wed Jan 16 2008 and 14:17:57 IST both stored in two different variables.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert values in 1st occurance out of two occurance in a file

Hi I have a file which contains the following two lines which are same But I would like to insert the value=8.8.8.8 in the 1st occurance line and value=9.9.9.9 in the 2nd occurance line. <parameter name="TestIp1" value=""> <parameter name="TestIp1" value=""> Please suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print each user at time

I want to print each user at time and I wrote : cat /etc/passwd | grep "/home" | cut -d: -f > USERS for USER in `cat USERS` do echo "$user" done but it didn't work thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: testman84
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get access time of a file upto the precision of seconds?

Hi , How can I get the last access time of a file upto the precesion of seconds in Unix. I cannot use stat as this is not supported. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanus
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two timestamps and print elapsed time

Hi, I am unable to Difference between two time stamps in Linux and display the total elapsed time . Source date: Aug 15, 2012 02:00:03 Target date: Aug 14, 2012 18:00:03 # based on the forums I am using the below function. Converted dates into this format Src_dt=20120814180003... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to round up value upto 2 decimal places using sed?

Please help me in rounding up value upto 2 decimal palces using sed command #!/usr/bin/bash a=15.42 b=13.33 c=`echo $a*$b |bc -l` echo $c above code is is giving output "205.5486" but i want the output as "205.55" Thank you... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranabhavish
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delay of upto 7 seconds after typing in putty

Hi Friends, I am facing a very strange issue . I type something on putty session of servers of my work(locating in North America) and it appears only after 7 seconds or so. I am located in India. It doesn't happen with my colleagues who are sitting next to me :(. I use the ssh protocol to connect... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string and print all lines upto another string

Ok I would like to do the following file test contains the following lines. between the lines ABC there may be any amount of lines up to the next ABC entry. I want to grep for the filename.txt entry and print the lines in between (and including that line) up to and including the last line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: revaroo
3 Replies

10. AIX

Getting files through find command and listing file modification time upto seconds

I have to list the files of particular directory using file filter like find -name abc* something and if multiple file exist I also want time of each file up to seconds. Currently we are getting time up to minutes in AIX is there any way I can get file last modification time up to seconds. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitesh sahu
4 Replies
Aspect::Modular(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Aspect::Modular(3pm)

NAME
Aspect::Modular - First generation base class for reusable aspects SYNOPSIS
# Subclassing to create a reusable aspect package Aspect::Library::ConstructorTracer; use strict; use base 'Aspect::Modular'; use Aspect::Advice::After (); sub get_advice { my $self = shift; my $pointcut = shift; return Aspect::Advice::After->new( lexical => $self->lexical, pointcut => $pointcut, code => sub { print 'Created object: ' . shift->return_value . " "; }, ); } # Using the new aspect package main; use Aspect; # Print message when constructing new Person aspect ConstructorTracer => call 'Person::new'; DESCRIPTION
All reusable aspect inherit from this class. Such aspects are created in user code, using the "aspect()" sub exported by Aspect. You call "aspect()" with the class name of the reusable aspect (it must exist in the package "Aspect::Library"), and any parameters (pointcuts, class names, code to run, etc.) the specific aspect may require. The Wormhole aspect, for example, expects 2 pointcut specs for the wormhole source and target, while the Profiler aspect expects a pointcut object, to select the subs to be profiled. You create a reusable aspect by subclassing this class, and providing one template method: "get_advice()". It is called with all the parameters that were sent when user code created the aspect, and is expected to return Aspect::Advice object/s, that will be installed while the reusable aspect is still in scope. If the "aspect()" sub is called in void context, the reusable aspect is installed until class reloading or interpreter shutdown. Typical things a reusable aspect may want to do: o Install advice on pointcuts specified by the caller o Push (vs. OOP pull) subs and base classes into classes specified by the caller AUTHORS
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> Marcel Gruenauer <marcel@cpan.org> Ran Eilam <eilara@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 by Marcel Gruenauer Some parts copyright 2009 - 2012 Adam Kennedy. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-01 Aspect::Modular(3pm)